1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

PEX solar panels

Post in 'The Green Room' started by 4acrefarm, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    2.beans. Thanks for sharing your evolving experience. I'm learning a lot serendipitously through your trials and errors. Wallyworld, thanks for the continued input. This is good feedback.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. steviep

steviep Member

Loc:
    southeast NH
    instead of wisbo plates I am thinking of trying corrigated roofing panels. I started an experimate using a 2x2 piece of roofing a piece of plywood and 4 - 3' pipes. the roofing really holds the pipe down tight. I painted it black and set it out in the sun. I have a meter with a tempator prope, the outside tempator was 71 within minutes the inside of the pipe tempature rose to 82. I guess its time to start building.
  3. Wet1

Wet1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    USA
    Could you please show a drawing or picture of exactly what you have in mind?
  4. xpertpc

xpertpc New Member

Loc:
    Western Kentucky
    Yes please post some more information, did you use corrugated 26" wide galvanized steel or ridged aluminum?
  5. steviep

steviep Member

Loc:
    southeast NH
    I am trying the 26" galvinized roofing , when I figure out how to post pitchures I will do it. Basically I am going to build it the same way everyone else is doing with the wisbo plates . I am just trying to make one with as much materials I have laying around.
  6. 2.beans

2.beans Minister of Fire

Loc:
    new hampshire
    theres a thread at the top of the forum that walks you through. thats how i learned. its pretty easy. more pictures the better. good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.