PEX solar panels

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2.beans. Thanks for sharing your evolving experience. I'm learning a lot serendipitously through your trials and errors. Wallyworld, thanks for the continued input. This is good feedback.

instead of wisbo plates I am thinking of trying corrigated roofing panels. I started an experimate using a 2x2 piece of roofing a piece of plywood and 4 - 3' pipes. the roofing really holds the pipe down tight. I painted it black and set it out in the sun. I have a meter with a tempator prope, the outside tempator was 71 within minutes the inside of the pipe tempature rose to 82. I guess its time to start building.

Could you please show a drawing or picture of exactly what you have in mind?

I am trying the 26" galvinized roofing , when I figure out how to post pitchures I will do it. Basically I am going to build it the same way everyone else is doing with the wisbo plates . I am just trying to make one with as much materials I have laying around.

theres a thread at the top of the forum that walks you through. thats how i learned. its pretty easy. more pictures the better. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.