Pexsupply.com - Out of business??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stee6043

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
West Michigan
Has anyone spoke to anyone at Pexsupply.com recently, or received an order recently? I have three orders in with them which I placed mid-week last week. All three have been charged to my account but they will not respond to my emails requesting ship dates and they are not answering the phones. Furthering my concern is that all of their mailboxes are "full". This would be just my luck - out $800 and no parts to start my install with....

I ordered a Honeywell aquastat from them this Monday. On Tuesday I emailed them to ask if the item was in stock or if it needed to be special ordered and they promtly replied that it was in stock and that I would receive it shortly. I received it on Wednesday.

Just spoke to someone on the phone at pex last week, order due here this afternoon.
All is well as far as i know, they did just receive a shipment of the cheap pex(forget the brand)so maybe they are swamped getting it out
the door.Its been out of stock for like two months.

I've had the same problem...credit cards charged, no one answering emails, nothing shipped yet...and their website is down 50% of the time...all in all, not a good sign and I probably won't ever order from them again even if they are in business.

I'm having a hard time getting an order from them too. I'll be ordering from patriot supply from now on.

Just called Pexsupply...nobody answering the phones and all the mailboxes are full....can't even leave a message if you want...no returned emails in 2 days.

2 Weeks and Still Waiting for 1" ThermaPex to finish my boiler. Last three orders have been $1500+ orders. Maybe they are just swamped and things will level out soon. I hope!

This really sucks. They have a load of my money at the moment. All of my pumps, zone valves, fittings, etc. My brand new EKO 40 is going to be sitting idle for a year if I can't get my gear from them. Not how I expected this to turn out. Not at all....

I'd call my credit card company and file a complaint. I bet they refund money very quickly for fraud and then they might stop them from taking anymore money from people.

its probably on back order i waited 4 weeks for an expansion tank, when its on back order they dont respond to emails or when you do get in touch with them they don"t get back to ya

Wow. You guys got me wondering now.
At any rate my pex did come today, just got it.
It was picked up by ups on the 8th and I got it on the 9th, cant complain about ups anyway.

Called one day last week and did not even get voice mail, next day I called and talked to someone so maybe just technical problems. IDK
I have used them several times and the order is usually at my door within three days.
I hope you get everything strait.

I have always gotten email response in a matter of 20 minutes or so with technical questions, prices, etc...every time. Until 3 days ago when I placed an order and now all of a sudden I am invisible.

I am not very concerned, my CC with refund my money if need be, but I don't fee like I can place an order elsewhere until I get this resolved...a hassle, but not the end of the world.

took me three weeks to get expansion tanks and some thermostats, i called and spoke to someone and emailed and got a reply saying the expansion tanks were on back order that they would ship all at once. we just made an order today hopefully we get that in a timely manner. i dont think that ther jumping ship but more busy with the DIYers and contracts finishing before snow flies.

I just received a partial delivery from them this morning...... Ordered last wednesday..... The rest is backordered..... I'm gonna hound em tomorrow.

Best time to reach them is early in the AM, like around 9:00 or 9:30 EST..... The person I talked too when I could get ahold of them said that this is their busy time of year and they are absolutely swamped... But no, their not out of business. :)

Well I find your responses at least a little encouraging. But being swamped is no excuse for the service I've received. IF (and I really hope) I do get my gear from them this will certainly be my last order with Pexsupply.com. They need to at least answer the phone/clean up their voice mails....

All,
PexSupply.com is not out of business. Our business is strong and we will be around for a long time. We were closed Thursday for a Holiday and made a mistake by not posting something on the website or in our voicemail. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are doing our best to keep up with an enormous increase in order volume and phone calls. We have hired new people and put in many long days. We are doing our best to serve our customers needs and hope you understand the difficulty we are going through. We pride ourselves on our service and will push to fix these communication issues ASAP.
Sincerely,
Josh M
President - PexSupply.com

Chatted on-line with someone from pexsupply.com this AM. He claims its business as usual, but they closed down for the jewish holiday. My order at least is supposed to ship today. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I should know by tonite.

Odd thing is, I placed a very large order with amazon.com (over $2000) 10 days ago and am having the same problem...credit card charged, but unable to track anything and when I called them, they couldn't find anything either....supposedly shipped 8 days ago but nobody knows where it is...very unusual for amazon.

I guess that's my biggest problem right now, they've had my money since last week and I can't get so much as an update. If it ships that's great. But I shouldn't have been charged until it shipped. I'm not exactly in the business of giving out interest free short term loans.

Had I know this would be the case I would have paid the long dollar and bought from someone local.

Voice mail boxes still full today, still no word on shipping, still no responses to emails, still no phone calls. I've submitted two separate complaints to the Better Business Bureau of New York. I've been out $800 for over a week and I'm still not sure Pexsupply.com even exists. I placed the order based on favorable reviews on this site. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to place orders with other companies until I get my money back from Pexsupply.com. This has been a highly unfortunate experience.

I was in contact with them today. They said my order will go out tues. or wed. That would make it 9 days to ship a small two pc. order. I'm gonna try to cancel early next week.

chuck172 said:
I was in contact with them today. They said my order will go out tues. or wed. That would make it 9 days to ship a small two pc. order. I'm gonna try to cancel early next week.

this is all puzzling and unfortunate-

I have ordered from them several times in the past and always was thrilled with price and speed and help on the phone

hard to know what is going on, but whatever the cause, it sounds like a tailspin

For what it's worth, I just spent some time on the phone with one of the guys at Patriot Supply, and they sure seem to have the lights on, in all ways

I just got shipping notification a few minutes ago for an order I placed Tuesday with PexSupply. Disappointed that it took 4 days to put a few things in a box, but glad they are still operating. Next time I need something in a hurry I will buy local and pay the premium....its hard to beat their prices though.

Think locally, buy locally. The money you spend will stay in your community and very very soon that is going to mean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.