Pf-100 battery backup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P0ZBURN

Nov 8, 2010
OHIO
I have been researching installing a battery back up for my pf-100 for safe shut down. The Harman write up says models with firmware "E" built in 2011 are compatible to this mod. I know my pf-100 is older than that. I'm looking at the wiring diagram it looks like to me it should work anyway. Maybe it won't pulse the fan but it might blow it long enough to keep from smoking up the house. Any info anybody can add to this or have they installed it on a older pf-100?
Thanks

From what I gather your older stove will run on a battery back-up that is hooked to a deep cycle battery that keeps your stove running for 8 hours. That would be for example the Surefire 512H. If you have a UPS back-up your older stove will run like normal for the duration of the battery life which is usually an hour or two then die. You would need the newer Rev. E circuit board to use the UPS to shut down your stove instead of running your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.