PF 100 Temps. OR specific to a pellet furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
I have installed a pellet furnace. I klnow I read about 238 degree temps but in a pellet furnace, this is not a norm for heat leaving the ducts as the 1000 - 2000 cfm blower changes that.

I know that it differs by pellets but I wanted to get a feel.

TEMP CFM Feed Temp setting Pellets

Because of the high CFM blowers on the furnaces and the fact they are transferring heat into duct work. The temps are going to be far lower than that of a pellet stove. Plus most flexiable dust is only rated at 250ºF so forcing that kind of hot air from a standard pellet stove thru the duct would probably melt the duct work. Floor vents would be so hot you might burn your tootsies on them, Hot vents aren't fun. As long as the eir temps from the ducts is warmer than the room temps the rooms will get warmer. If you have any flexiable ducting in your system. Try to keep the temps well below there max temps.

Use the temps from the Greene Teams as a starting reference to gauge other pellets you plan on trying. But mostly if the greene teams are keeping you warm on the coldest day without turning the feedrate up you should have a good gauge as to what you need for cold weather pellets. If you need to turn the feed rate up some, That is still OK as long as you don't need to max the feedrate on the PF100. Maxing the feedrate tells you you might need pellets that produce more heat. Higher density-smaller sized pellets tend to put more volume of fuel into the burnpot. Giving more heat output. If the heat is too high you can lower the feedrate some to compensate for them.

Hopefully other PF100 owners can compare temps with you on other pellet brands. But it sounds like the greene teams are doing OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.