PF100 combustion motor question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
The unit was on manual and the pellet hopper emptied during the night. The combustion motor was running this morning with a cold empty unit.

It it right that the motor was running due to being on manual mode?

I wonder if it had recently ran out of pellets, long enough for the unit to cool but not long enough to send error (blinking light).

I had the blinking light

My combustion fan will run longer than a hour sometimes after the unit has shut down. They tell me (Harman) the the stack temp must be below 90 degrees before it shuts down the blower motor. I'm sure you ran out within the last hour or two, it was still sensing temp in the stack, that seems normal to me.

I know this thread is older than dirt, but I wanted to ressurect the thread as I am seeing the same issue.

recently picked up a used PF-100 and installed it myself in my shop. I only use it a few days a week when I know I will be working in the shop I start it when I am home for lunch. Everything seems to functioning as normal but the other day I go out to the shop and hear the combustion fan running even though I have had the stove in the off position for more than a week. I have not run it again yet so don't know if the problem will persist but expect it might. I did not happen to catch if any lights were blinking either.

Initial thoughts from reading threads revolve around the ESP or control board but wanted to just reach out to the board for thoughts. I do have a local Harman dealer that might look at it but not sure since I am not the orginal purchaser and they did not sell it to the original owner.

It has been days and the behavior of the combustion fan blower continuously running has NOT persisted. I guess it may have just been a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.