pf100 IN MANUAL SETTING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
I have read that people start the fire in Automatic setting then set it to manual setting to keep a burn.

I can't find anything that speaks of it staying on. what happens with the feed and the fire when you change to manual. What happens when the home is up to temp?

any info here is great.

In the manual mode when there's no call for heat the feed rate drops down and furnace will burn about 1 pound of pellets per hour, just enough to keep a small fire going. None of your other settings are affected.

I have the PB105 and for the past two winters I ran my boiler in the manual mode because I had problems with consistent ignition. This year I have switched back to the Auto mode because the new ignitor is working much better.

dmaclaren:
Have the PF100 and "dito" on Andrew Churchill first paragraph....this is my third year using this procedure.
If for some unknown reason the auto light would not work, just start manually, and after it gets going normally,
switch to manual...
Follow the instructions in the manual for a manual start, Noting the other switches that may be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.