PH Burn Video.... Yeah, another one :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow1

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2008
Eastern MA
Sitting here about to go to bed and thought "what a nice fire" and after a bit figured I should share...

This is about 2hrs after a load on top of small coals. Air is fully closed (has been for a long while). It has been burning like this at least the last hour...

Enjoy. Wife thinks I'm crazy posting this, but then again she does facebook...

BTW, I guess it isn't easy to read - stovetop thermometer is reading 400.

Nice!
Thanks for sharing!

That's purdy

Such a nice looking stove! I have so many pics and a few vids on my phone since august when i started remodeling my setup, i dont think i take any of the family anymore lol

Beautiful! I've been watching the secondaries on my PH over the past few days....really interesting. We are having our first significant cold snap with lots of negative temps and I've been running the stove pretty hard. 500 - 550 degrees on average. After an 8 hour overnight burn, the stove was still at 350 degrees.

I don't know if it is the re-work of the stove or a change in my burning habits but I've been getting a lot more of these nice secondaries on top this year. I have been getting the stove a bit hotter before shutting the air down in smaller steps than before. Basically I'm aiming to keep those secondaries. It seems that I'm getting better heat and oddly longer effective burn times.

Great looking fire. I've been having some nice looking fires as well since this cold weather requires a hotter stove.

Woodstock ought to come up with a good ZC fireplace insert with a soapstone face to build around it however you'd want it to look. My fire burns close to that in my Kozy Heat Z42 but I don't get the burn times you guys do in these Woodstocks. Sure is a pretty fire.

I don't know if it is the re-work of the stove or a change in my burning habits but I've been getting a lot more of these nice secondaries on top this year. I have been getting the stove a bit hotter before shutting the air down in smaller steps than before. Basically I'm aiming to keep those secondaries. It seems that I'm getting better heat and oddly longer effective burn times.
I believe it's the reworked stove. Mine does the same thing

That is an awesome burn you have going there. I would bet that the chimney exhaust is as clear as vodka with secondaries like that.

That is an awesome burn you have going there. I would bet that the chimney exhaust is as clear as vodka with secondaries like that.

Well, being late I didn't check, but I do have that wood burner habit of always checking the chimney when I leave the house and I haven't seen anything but steam so far this year. More steam than before... been really cold by local standards (11 when I went to pick my son up from school).

Sitting here about to go to bed and thought "what a nice fire" and after a bit figured I should share...

This is about 2hrs after a load on top of small coals. Air is fully closed (has been for a long while). It has been burning like this at least the last hour...

Enjoy. Wife thinks I'm crazy posting this, but then again she does facebook...

Slow1, that is nor surprising that your wife thinks you are crazy! But then, she also thinks all those kids are crazy too! I think she may even think the same thing of us but we don't mind.

Hoss, I believe they are referring to some work Woodstock did after the initial stoves hit the market.

What do you mean when you say a reworked stove

Indeed as BS said, it references work done to the stove to bring it up to the same design/fixes as the newest ones have. I'm not really sure how the changes other than new cat could be affecting the burns in this way, but I"m happy to be the satisfied consumer and leave the stove design to the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.