PH Update On Woodstock Site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The firebox grew a bit.

And if they'd make a front door on that SOB I could wedge the bastard into the kitchen fire place. But, noooooooo.

I see they lowered the burn time a bit. I was hoping it would go the other way.

Todd said:

I noticed last week they were highlighting 14 hours as oppose to 16.

In all seriousness, I'd be interested in see how that stove would burn with only a cat in place.

BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:

In all seriousness, I'd be interested in see how that stove would burn with only a cat in place.

Me too, and also add a BK t-stat!

Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:
Todd said:

Me too, and also add a BK t-stat!

Combine the Siricco with the looks and the price point of the PE T6. I would take two... eventually, as the budget allows.

Price is now $2,495 was $2,400. Looks like they raised all the other stove sale prices up too. Guess material costs are going up for them.

wood4free said:
Price is now $2,495 was $2,400. Looks like they raised all the other stove sale prices up too. Guess material costs are going up for them.

No, those are still greatly reduced prices. By A LOT! Re-read the pricing.

BrowningBAR said:
wood4free said:

I have an early November email from Woodstock offering intro. pricing on the Progress at $2400. Perhaps I am wrong about the pricing changing on the other stoves but I thought the Fireview was on sale for $1895 previously.

wood4free said:
BrowningBAR said:
wood4free said:

I have an early November email from Woodstock offering intro. pricing on the Progress at $2400. Perhaps I am wrong about the pricing changing on the other stoves but I thought the Fireview was on sale for $1895 previously.

It was. And it is still on sale. Normally a Fireview will run you $2,800. It is currently $1,995. They didn't raise prices due to material cost. They just have a different sale running. Still a damn good deal, and this is from someone that does not own a Woodstock stove, and will probably never own one.

Also, the original sale price was set before the final stove was in production, to get orders in line for Autumn 2011 production. Between then and actual production there were some changes to the stove that I am sure added to cost: IR glass in the window, for instance. Also, heat shield is included in sale price, which was not calculated into initial sale price. Between initial production and present time, further research has gone into the stove, as well as slight further modification...nothing huge, but I'm sure it has all added to cost. This is as good a deal as first offered. It's a great deal. And a great stove.

BrowningBAR said:
It was. And it is still on sale. Normally a Fireview will run you $2,800. It is currently $1,995. They didn't raise prices due to material cost. They just have a different sale running. Still a damn good deal, and this is from someone that does not own a Woodstock stove, and will probably never own one.

In the three years I've hung around this site I don't think I've ever seen their stoves not "on sale". I wonder if anyone has ever paid full price for a Fireview!? :lol:

Den said:
True, Rdust, but the usual sale has been $5-600 off, not $8-900 off. I expect the Fireview to go back up to ~ $2500 and the Progress ~ $3000+.
I wonder when? I'm getting ready to sell my Keystone and would love to raise the price... :cheese:

I love my Fireview but I want a Progress.

I'm kinda with mfglickman.
I'm so impressed with my Fireview that I wonder could a PH possibly be a whole lot better?
If I lived somewhere with a longer "stove season" I might be tempted.
I wonder if Woodstock has plans of giving one away for the annual drawing. :cheese:

Dirt

mfglickman said:
I love my Fireview but I want a Progress.

I'm in a similar situation to you - 1805, drafty farmhouse, 2400 sq ft - and the work that needs to get done is way more than is in the piggy bank at this point. Just switched to wood heat this year (Progress Hybrid) as oil was draining the bank. The Progress is doing an amazing job heating the house. My husband, a physicist, was mighty skeptical that the heat would move around our Federal layout with the stove in one of the front rooms. But, we've been pleasantly surprised. Upstairs is warm and the two downstairs rooms that are on the opposite side of the hall are cooler, but comfortable (mid-sixties usually). Somehow, the Progress takes the harsh bite out of the cold air, making the whole house livable. We've been very pleased so far. I'd heartily recommend taking the plunge!

Dirtsurgeon said:
I'm kinda with mfglickman.
I'm so impressed with my Fireview that I wonder could a PH possibly be a whole lot better?
If I lived somewhere with a longer "stove season" I might be tempted.
I wonder if Woodstock has plans of giving one away for the annual drawing. :cheese:

Dirt

Probably will. I thought I had figured out how to win that thing but I think they remove anything with my name on it....

rdust said:
In the three years I've hung around this site I don't think I've ever seen their stoves not "on sale". I wonder if anyone has ever paid full price for a Fireview!? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing.

BrotherBart said:

I was actually thinking "I don't think anyone here has ever paid full price for a WS stove or an Englander" then I remember you so I couldn't post that! ;-)

BrotherBart said:
rdust said:

I was in contact with someone who was selling a Fireview on cl, that a friend was interested in. They were asking $1700. When I told them that was waaaay too much, she said they paid $2600 for it in 2001. I don't know when Woodstock quit selling through dealers, but somebody paid list price.

I think we paid $2300 in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.