Phase I of Install complete. Lie to me - tell me it looks good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjack

Minister of Fire
Jan 10, 2008
Woodstock, NY
I did it. Hearth pad - bluestone found on my property, flue - double wall and Regency F3100 connected and burning.

Phase II
I'm thinking of making a light stone (travertine) or blue stone wall behind the stove.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,248
I'll lie to you...

That looks like hell!

Now I'll tell the truth:

It's gorgeous! WOW! I wish I had that much space.

I think you're gonna need a bit more wood though. Speaking of wood.......

Damn that a beautiful space!

Very nice.
Yah, more bluestone ! It's pretty and it'll save your walls from getting banged up by those hanging tools.
I wouldn't square the outside edges of the stones if I was to do it. It looks like you've got some interesting
lines in the house. Might as well add some more ?

Yep. It all has to come back out. That is a steel stove. It has to be recycled engine blocks or one of those soapy rock stoves. :lol:

Gorgeous stove and installation by the way. Congrats and enjoy! That pup is gonna toss some heat.

Looks like I put it in. Nother nice job hank

Our Design and Execution Review Committee is currently in a 45-minute recess, but your submission is the next item up on the agenda this afternoon. We'll let you know their decision as soon as they reach a consensus. Rick

Phase I is looking great to me. I think it will look even better if you continue the blue stone up the walls and top it off with a nice wood mantle.

Our committee has just reported out. They had your score with an explanatory comment, as well as a question concerning the determination made by another independent reviewer. First the question to the other reviewer, BrotherBart: How could you make such kind remarks about a stove installation in which the door hinges on the right side? Now, the score and comment to the OP: The committee has awarded you 9.5 out of a possible 10 points for the installation phase I. The explanatory comment reads, "OP would have been awarded a score of 10, had he not been so obviously falsely humble in wording the title of his submission...he damn well knows just like all the rest of us that what he's created there is a stunning work of art. No lie. You can appeal the committee's ruling, of course, but it won't get you anywhere. Rick

Very nice! Looks great.
Beautiful space.
Congrats!
More stone would really set it off.
Did you consider rotating the stove at a 45 to the walls?
Just a thought.

Rick, YOU ROCK!

I think you might have missed your calling, unless you do that for a living :)

Absolutely more rock !

That is a beauty! Nice job with phase one! looks like you've got lots of space to let that baby run - send some fire pics when you're burnin'!
Larry

It's beautiful............No lies here!

WaterBoss said:
...send some fire pics when you're burnin'! Larry

C'mon, Larry, get a grip...look at his pic. :) Rick

Very nice. With a modern style house be careful the back wall does not look too rustic and take away from the beautiful lines of the house.

Now, speaking of the house, could you please share more pictures of it? If not here at least PM them to me?

Thanks!

bfunk13 said:
Very nice! Looks great.
Beautiful space.
More stone would really set it off.
Did you consider rotating the stove at a 45 to the walls?
Just a thought.

Rick, YOU ROCK!

I say rotate it a tad also, unless you are creating a small conversation area
with your furniture right in front of where it is facing. Otherwise tilt it to face
the rooms center.
It looks awesome ! And yeah do the stone in the back. I'd like to see how
you build drywalls on your property !

That's the kind of install that makes me want to buy some lottery tickets and look for a new house.
Very nice.

ain't half bad for a vacation home :)

that lamp on the far right has the leans and the mirror needs hung, haha!

I say crank that regency up there in the catskills and pray for snow, yeeeehaaaa!

ansehnlich1 said:
...that lamp on the far right has the leans...

That's not the "leans", it's the "lens". Interior shots are a challenge. What's making the lamp seem to lean is the same thing that's making the stovepipe look like it's not a straight vertical shot to the ceiling. Wide angle lens. Rick

No, Lie, that space looks really cool. Very nice. :coolsmile:

That's a fine home and hearth for the Regency. You did well.

Being cautious here, and it's probably deceiving because the camera has compressed the distance. If this is double wall pipe, does the stove have at least 7" from the back wall clearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.