Philadelphia craigslist alert- $300 OBO 1994 Sherwood Industries (ENVIRO EF2?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA_Clinker

Mar 13, 2011
Northeast PA
*Just edited title to indicate it might be an Enviro EF2.

1,800btu in the specs must be wrong. Not a bad looking stove. I'm puzzled as to the actual brand/model though.

Pellet Stove $300 Levittown, PA

Sherwood Industries
Wernock Hershey Pellet Stove
WH 11199
1,800 BTU
Hopper 60 lbs
New Auger Motor
$300 OBO
Must Pick Up
Sorry for the dark pictures, my phone has no flash :)

5L65Ga5H53Id3Mf3J3c1recb4596067c317a3.jpg

5Na5Z55Ha3G73M83N2c1rda634738f6151049.jpg

5N85Kd5He3Kc3La3N3c1rb541565df66415ec.jpg

Sherwood Industries = "ENVIRO" ? Kinda looks like an EF2 doesn't it?

1800 BTU? That seems REALLY small. Would you mind you and I talking directly? I'm looking for something like this to suppliment on one side of my house and this may fit the bill. I leave 40 mins outside of philly

gitmo234 said:
1800 BTU? That seems REALLY small. Would you mind you and I talking directly? I'm looking for something like this to suppliment on one side of my house and this may fit the bill. I leave 40 mins outside of philly

It's not mine. I just posted it here as a heads-up for anyone looking. You should go take a look and report back here. ;)

Looks like the EF2 for sure. They prob meant 1,800 sq ft instead of BTU's?

For that price.... Its worth it. Especially if that pic of it running is recent. Running stove for $300.

Thats what I paid for my Englander 25-PDV. I got the venting and 21 (or 22?) Bags of pellets too. I bought it in Pa last year around this time.

Great deal for someone. A nice coat of Stove Bright, in your color choice and its good to go.

No replies to the email I sent.

FINALLY got a reply from my work email. waiting to schedule a time to look at and by. if it works, I'm buying.

There ya' go! Good Luck.

gitmo234 said:

That is a mistake, the stove is 34,000 BTUs in the manufacturer specs. Since it is an older stove not the EF-2i it does not have an ignitor.

Hello

When you look at, check for 2 common failures and 1 easy spruce up.

1. The high limit switch on the right side fails because the stove has been Overfired!
If the high limit switch is blown the auger will not turn but both fans will work fine.
No big deal, just a $5.50 fix from http://www.pexsupply.com for a new high limit switch.

2. Check if the cleaning rake pulls in and out easily and is NOT bent
If it reallt sticls, it is a 0.14 cent fix
See >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80566/

A new cleaning rod is $29.00 if really needed. I straightend mine with a hammer.

3. If case is dingy and scratched, then paint the whole stove with Black Satin Stove Bright paint.
Also you can paint the metal fire brick lining with High Temp Silver Header Paint from your local Auto Store.

Also check the Door gasket for it's condition - 10.00 fix for a new one!

See pic of 3 year old newly painted stove below!

Attachments

• EnviroEF2iPelletStoveSC.jpg
    EnviroEF2iPelletStoveSC.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG01331-20111005-0932sc.jpg
    IMG01331-20111005-0932sc.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 413
Thanks for the info. This person is HARD to reach. Two emails and I got one reply confirming it was available. I asked for a time to meet and info...no reply yet. I have a phone number...she doesnt answer. This would make a nice supplement to my Harman. I'd put it in the far end of my house where it gets a bit chilly and the forced air is a bit weak.

As soon as I write something......
I'm picking up this bad boy this weekend. Friday night or saturday during the day.

Thanks again for the tips and advice. I drove up and tested this thing out. First of all, the guy admittedly never cleaned it the whole time he had been running it. 5+ years or so, not even his vent. he said he took it apart and ash dumped EVERYWHERE. I verified that the auger ran and blower motor, bought it and left.

Cleaning it out today. In one of the pics above you can see a circle that covers a hole. its free swinging. The screw in that is broke off in the hole so I can leave it open or try to remove the screw and put a new one in. The holes it covers are FILLED with ash. The whole stove is filled with ash. I clean out my regular fireplace before it gets this ashy and I can stand up inside of it. About six inches of ashes were built up below the burn pot. One quote was "I have no idea if you have to keep the holes in the burn pot clean and clear or not, give it a try".

he also swore up and down it was 1800 BTU. I think my computer monitor puts off more than 1800 btu. I'm buying the vent, OAK and paint. I'm going to rehab this thing today. Any advice on the rusty inside components? They all have small bits of rust on them and I'd like to protect it from future rust.

Other than cleaning, lubing, and painting..... About all there is to do to them.

The amount of cleaning, is the key. I would personally use compressed air and hook my leaf blower right up to the exhaust outlet on the back. Then start going to town... Take both blowers and motors apart, blow the inside of the motors out (dust bunnies) and then clean the squirrel cage really good and take a wire brush to the fins on the combustion blower.

Clean the heat exchanger as good as you can. Using different brushes and possibly some light steel wool....

Once the entire inside of the firebox is spotless, I would repaint the inside too. Hit it with a couple coats. Cant hurt.... Any other internal parts that you dont want to rust, hit them with some Pam cooking spray.

The stuck or busted rusted bolts and such, should be replaced and when reinstalled, make sure to apply a high temp anti-seize.

Check all the gaskets and the coupling on the auger, to make sure its tight. All pretty basic stuff (stuff you do to your Harman all the time) but if its been 5 yrs, some of that stuff may be crusty and need some persuasion (leafblower and air compressor with a nozzle) I had a air nozzle made up, with 18" of flexible 3/8" line. So I can stick it anywhere within the stove and blast all the ash out of the nooks and crannies.

Good luck with the Stove and cant wait to see some pics!!! Are you gonna start a refurb thread on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.