Photos from Hearth Party

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooserider

Mod Emeritus
Nov 20, 2006
Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
Finally made the time to get them processed - I was initially going to put them on the forum directly, but that's a bit of a pain given the post size limits when you have a bunch of pictures. So I've decided to experiment with some of the photo-storage services. The first try is Photobucket - I'm not terribly impressed, but here's a first try at it.

The link should take you to the album of "people pictures" from the party, plus a few of the after shots - We had fun playing with splitting toys, but didn't get all that much splitting done - The cart contains everything that was split during the party, plus a couple of "cleanup" splits - I finished off Elk's rock elm round that was left behind, and a few other odds and ends. Also threw in a shot of the bay in the old woodshed that I was stacking in, before and after the party wood, along with a view of the new woodshed.

Hearth Party Album

Sorry I didn't get more pictures, but I was busy doing a bunch of other stuff as well. Maybe next time we can have a designated photo person to take more shots...

Gooserider

Just wanted to post a correction to the photo titles. The good looking gentleman on the left in picture 17 is actually Kellogg, not jpl1nh. Thats me, jpl1nh, in picture 6 discussing the merits of various stoves with the webwidow. Tough to keep everybodys straight, especially after some fine Goose mead :p

I was really looking forward to putting a face to Elk's name. Unfortunately with that hat it's kind of like seeing Tim's neighbor (remember the show "Home Improvement") over the fence.
~Cath

Cath said:
I was really looking forward to putting a face to Elk's name. Unfortunately with that hat it's kind of like seeing Tim's neighbor (remember the show "Home Improvement") over the fence.
~Cath

Here he is Cath. +Pizza and -Hat.

Attachments

• elk.jpg
    elk.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 459
jpl1nh said:
Just wanted to post a correction to the photo titles. The good looking gentleman on the left in picture 17 is actually Kellogg, not jpl1nh. Thats me, jpl1nh, in picture 6 discussing the merits of various stoves with the webwidow. Tough to keep everybodys straight, especially after some fine Goose mead :p

Thanks for the corrections, I have fixed the titles.

Gooserider

Hey Goose:

Is that the electric log splitter from Doug @ the log splitter source?. If so, I was looking at some of his splitters and would like to know how you like yours.

Yes This is a ram splitter and doug is the owner Originally it was a 12 ton unit. I changed the hydraulic piston to the larger 16 ton one
After that worked out ,Doug began offering the same setup The Barns 11gal per minute is capable of supporting up to 25 tons The detent valve is the same one used
on 20/25 ton gasoline splitters. I added the toggle on off switch which Doug now includes. The motor, marathon, is 1.5 hp, but can be wired for 220 volts and opperate at 2hp

I had it 2 years split 15 +- cords and it handles what it is suposed to

Wood capacity 20" rounds 20" long. Doug will extend the rail for aditional money if you need to split longer lengths

this is the most powerfull electric splitter I know of on the market it split everything it was fed at the party and we put some nasty pieces in there including a 12" elm

Status
Not open for further replies.