Photos of Pellet stoves at "full burn"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlookEGR

Jan 21, 2015
Ashford ny
I was just wondering if people could post photos of their stove at "full burn" and also list the make and model.

For those that operate on room temperature, just get a pic of the stove when it's ramped up.
For those that operate on a constant stove temperature, just get a pic of the stove as it normally operates.

I'm just curious to see what the burning "pellet bed" looks like etc.

Thanks guys.

Harman P61A/ Energex Hardwoods.. Just scraped the ash..
... IMG_2487.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 185
Nice pic Tony.

OP, as the saying goes, "Ya seen one, . . . . . . ".

My Harman modulates in Room. That's why I use it there. Right now flame I'd about a quarter of that. Pellet bed looks the same.

I had a Quad on full burn for an extended time and warped the heat exchanger tubes. It was at *780. Wonder what aluminum melts at?

I had a Quad on full burn for an extended time and warped the heat exchanger tubes. It was at *780. Wonder what aluminum melts at?
1060 f.

Of course there are different alloys. . . . .

Harman P68 pellets Lauzon Cubex this morning -28 * f
sorry the photos do not want to include in the message

Ok photos

Attachments

• DSC01315.JPG
    DSC01315.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 321
20150126_111259.jpg Harman P68 running at stove temp 7 (max) for about an hour. Feed rate of 4 burning Uncle Jed's softwood. [

Please excuse the dirty glass, this thing spends most it's life idling at a stove temp setting of 1, only getting kicked up a handful of times a week.

Great photos. i guess the ones that are posted do look similar. The PC 45 is different though because of the configuration of the burn pot. One of the things i was wondering about was how the burnt ash makes its way from the burn pot to the ash bin. My dad has an old stove that someone gave him(i don't remember what kind). He says it takes a lot of "tending" and attention, but he says it looks like the burn pot was originally intended to slide back and forth to help the ash move down through. I'll post my photo tonight. My thoughts on the glass are a little dirt never hurt anyone. I'm more concerned about the heat than the looks. :)

WP_20150126_004.jpg index.jpg
P61a involved in a relatively high burn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonyray
image.jpg
Let's just get on a fireplace forum and ask all the guys to post pics of the fires. Why not! here is a Harman P52i on medium burn. It's only 30 outside, 75 inside.

Last edited:
Great photos. i guess the ones that are posted do look similar. The PC 45 is different though because of the configuration of the burn pot. One of the things i was wondering about was how the burnt ash makes its way from the burn pot to the ash bin. My dad has an old stove that someone gave him(i don't remember what kind). He says it takes a lot of "tending" and attention, but he says it looks like the burn pot was originally intended to slide back and forth to help the ash move down through. I'll post my photo tonight. My thoughts on the glass are a little dirt never hurt anyone. I'm more concerned about the heat than the looks. :)
Shaker grates. Usually on coal burning stoves. Grew up with one in the kitchen stove. Father got a great picture of me playing in the coal bucket. Been trying to find that photo for half a year.

Stove temp, settings at 4.
image.jpg

Great thread. I don't think my stove has ever been wide open, so I can't really contribute.

Great thread. I don't think my stove has ever been wide open, so I can't really contribute.
That's like saying I never put the petal to metal on a sports car or the same on a sports bike. Even for a little bit:)

Status
Not open for further replies.