Piazzetta Monia opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
With all the adjustments on that stove,pellet quality is irrelevant.Poor pellets will just make stove dirty faster,and put out poor heat.You should sit down and document everything,in a time line setup,as I think you need to do something now,so you will be set up,tested and running before next winter.They should bring you a new stove,at this point.

With all the adjustments on that stove,pellet quality is irrelevant.Poor pellets will just make stove dirty faster,and put out poor heat.You should sit down and document everything,in a time line setup,as I think you need to do something now,so you will be set up,tested and running before next winter.They should bring you a new stove,at this point.

Thanks, I agree. I am in the process of doing that for the lawyer. If they truly stood behind their product, they would have replaced the stove by now.

Wow I have been reading these posts over the past few days. I am awaiting our dealer to call me to set an install date as they are waiting for the Sabrina in red to come in on an order. I am dealing with a company that is well respected in our comunity and has been in business for along time. Before even talking about price or anything I made sure they were reputable. Sounds like Pascal is one as well !! What are people burning for pellets in these machines soft or hardwood. I can actually buy cubex hardwood delivered to the door cheaper than softwood like LG what do you think?

Wow I have been reading these posts over the past few days. I am awaiting our dealer to call me to set an install date as they are waiting for the Sabrina in red to come in on an order. I am dealing with a company that is well respected in our comunity and has been in business for along time. Before even talking about price or anything I made sure they were reputable. Sounds like Pascal is one as well !! What are people burning for pellets in these machines soft or hardwood. I can actually buy cubex hardwood delivered to the door cheaper than softwood like LG what do you think?
I love the LG pellets. They burn very clean in my Sabrina. However, everything burns well if your stove is running well. For me, Cubex and LG are about the same price, actually, the Cubex are $10 more.

Just an update on my rear baffle plate situation, I called the dealer and they sent someone out today. After struggling to get my plate out he immediately said that there was definitely a problem with it. He brought with him a plate from their showroom model and that one slide right in no problem. They are ordering me a new one and letting me borrow the showroom one in the mean time.

Dah! on the plate. Obviously hadn't ordered a new one... How's it burning now? Did they check all the settings again to make sure they were still appropriate?

Just an update on my rear baffle plate situation, I called the dealer and they sent someone out today. After struggling to get my plate out he immediately said that there was definitely a problem with it. He brought with him a plate from their showroom model and that one slide right in no problem. They are ordering me a new one and letting me borrow the showroom one in the mean time.

You obviously have a great dealer! Makes all the difference.

Dah! on the plate. Obviously hadn't ordered a new one... How's it burning now? Did they check all the settings again to make sure they were still appropriate?

We have not been using the stove. Throwing money, time, and energy away. Not to mention the anxiety I get when we used it. I don't know how to get in to the settings. I thought you needed a code for that.

You obviously have a great dealer! Makes all the difference.

They really are great, they seem to be learning about the Piazzetta stoves but I guess we all are. I've called them twice since I've had the stove in October and they were out at my house promptly. When I bought the stove, Piazzetta had a $200 rebate. I needed a registration number from the dealer and they missed the window to get it. They credited me the $200 any way. If anyone lives south of Boston, I've had great experience with New England Hearth and Home in Canton, MA.

We have not been using the stove. Throwing money, time, and energy away. Not to mention the anxiety I get when we used it. I don't know how to get in to the settings. I thought you needed a code for that.
E9 is the code. But your prob is the mobo is shutting the combustion fan off without throwing any error codes.

What is the leaf blower trick?

They took it all apart in Oct. and the manual states once a year, as did the rep. But you've found that it needs it every ton?

This is what you get AFTER a good cleaning the first time… much less if you do this after every ton. If you think you can claen your stove without this simple procedure you're kidding yourself...

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
If everybody does the LBT, and we create a huge ash cloud, we'll reverse global warming and cause a mini ice-age. Then we'll really need our pellet stoves.

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
Update. We found a dealer that knows how to work on the stove and he came out and determined we have a serious problem, as we all knew. His recommendation is that Piazzetta replace it and figure out what went wrong in manufacturing. At the very least he will try to get the company to replace whatever parts necessary to get us a fully functioning stove. If not, then our lawyer now has a professional to back up our claims.

Glad to hear you have an expert in your corner. Hope Piazzetta does the right thing ...

Does anyone know how to remove the safety grill on the hopper of the Monia? It is summer and I don't want to leave any pellets in the hopper.

Does anyone know how to remove the safety grill on the hopper of the Monia? It is summer and I don't want to leave any pellets in the hopper.
If I understand you correctly, you want to remove the mesh guard in the pellet hopper? There are two philips screws you have to remove, and then bend the grate a little and twist it out. Not too hard, I removed mine a long time ago to suck out fines.

Update. We found a dealer that knows how to work on the stove and he came out and determined we have a serious problem, as we all knew. His recommendation is that Piazzetta replace it and figure out what went wrong in manufacturing. At the very least he will try to get the company to replace whatever parts necessary to get us a fully functioning stove. If not, then our lawyer now has a professional to back up our claims.

How are things progressing? Any good news?

They really are great, they seem to be learning about the Piazzetta stoves but I guess we all are. I've called them twice since I've had the stove in October and they were out at my house promptly. When I bought the stove, Piazzetta had a $200 rebate. I needed a registration number from the dealer and they missed the window to get it. They credited me the $200 any way. If anyone lives south of Boston, I've had great experience with New England Hearth and Home in Canton, MA.
i'm very glade to ear that we are not the only one giving a great service it's sutch a good product just need a little fine tuning depending the house it's instaled in

anyone here cast there own hearth? is there a section of this website?

Here are a few of my hearth builds

Hearth that Heats the room all by itself when the stove is down for cleaning!
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/heated-hearth-output.68655/

Lighted Hearth with Selkirk DT up & Out venting
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...stall-with-custom-lighted-hearth.90555/page-2

Pressure Treated and waterproof PCV board trim hearth
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...-hearth-for-garage.104197/page-2#post-1405455

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...stall-with-custom-lighted-hearth.90555/page-2

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...-hearth-for-garage.104197/page-2#post-1405455