Pic of my log pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich M

Aug 22, 2006
NW Lower Michigan
Check out this 10 cord tri-axle load of 8' oak logs I got for $75 a cord. Now comes the fun part!

Attachments

• logpile.jpg
    logpile.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 479
Looks like nice straight modest-diameter poles. Almost too easy.... :p

So, whereabouts in NW LP are you? Traverse/Benzie area? Nice winters there.

They are nice straight poles and nothing too huge either. It will be the easiest splitting I've ever had by far not to mention no trailer loading/hauling/unloading. Life is good.

I'm in the Antrim County snowbelt, 120" avg. snowfall.

I was in Munising last month, my cousin lives in Grand Marias. Beautiful country up there!

Nice pile. A 10 cord load is going for $850 around here. $85/cord. Mostly sugar maple and beech. I just love beech, splits with a hatchet, burns almost like oak.

BTW: I used to fish the Jordan River near you a bit when working in the NL. That is a beautiful part of the state also.

Rich M said:
They are nice straight poles and nothing too huge either. It will be the easiest splitting I've ever had by far not to mention no trailer loading/hauling/unloading. Life is good.

I'm in the Antrim County snowbelt, 120" avg. snowfall.

I was in Munising last month, my cousin lives in Grand Marias. Beautiful country up there!

I hear you. I don't pay for my wood, and it's usually already cut, which are pluses, but a lot of it is 2'-3' diameter and not straight (yard trees). Splitting that with my 4lb splitter can sometimes be a chore. This year I picked up a 12-lb monster maul for the big boys.

The UP is beautiful country, too bad it's a 15 hour drive from DC. :long: Enjoy your snow, I'm slowly forgetting what real snow looks like (and thus finding it easier to romanticize).

Status
Not open for further replies.