pic of new Jotul F3CB ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aesthetically, it looks great. I really like the extension. Almost as if it had been in the original plans.

After conversing with BeGreen and taking his advice, my installer came back out and did all the upgrades necessary to make my stove up to code. He installed double wall pipe, pulled the stove out to 14 inches and added stone to the front of the hearth. This was all done on his tab, not mine.

Very impressive that you took care of the problem, and that the installer did the right thing. Was there much grumbling? Did you have to work hard to convince him?

Nice work by the mason beagler. You'd never know a mistake was made. It looks like it was planned to be that way.

You'll sleep a lot better at night and have a great looking set up now. Post some more glamor pictures in the Pictures forum section. And enjoy the new stove!

PS: Now that you have safe clearances, you can burn the stove hotter. That will clean up the soot on the glass. Get a stove top thermometer. That little stove is very happy running at 550-600 degrees.

That's not discoloration, the Jotul just had to go...

beagler said:
I apologize for hijacking this thread, but BeGreen has really helped me by pointing out that my installer did not measure the corner clearances properly. After conversing with BeGreen and taking his advice, my installer came back out and did all the upgrades necessary to make my stove up to code. He installed double wall pipe, pulled the stove out to 14 inches and added stone to the front of the hearth. This was all done on his tab, not mine. Here is the final job. Thanks again BeGreen.

That looks very nice!!!! It truly looks like it was planned it that way. You done did yourself proud, and I am impressed that the installer did the right thing and put it right. (Should have been right in the first place, but at least he did right by you. :)

Warm Guy,
The installer was very easy to work with. We discussed with him his errors and made reference to the Jotul manual along with the National Fire Safety codes in which he was in violation with. He immediately admitted to making a mistake and agreed to fix it free of charge.

BG, we do have a stove top thermo. The pic does show a lot of soot on the glass because I was experimenting with some damp wood. Since the pic was taken I've been burning some dry oak, and it is all cleaned up now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.