Pic request: free stander in front of fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
im thinking about extending my hearth of my fireplace out and putting my pellet stove on it and venting through the chimney. Anyone else done this? Anyone have a good reason not to?

When I lived in my other house. I had the stove set up that way. Came out of the back of the stove 18 inches to a T. I had a 4 inch chimney liner put in all the way to the top. The pipe was held in place with a cap that covered the flue liner.

Look at my avatar. I ran a 4 inch stainless pipe up the chimney and blocked off the fireplace heart opening. Also used the fresh air intake. The hardest part was getting the damper out without ruining it. In a couple of hour I could have it back to a fireplace again. By the way the P43 works fine.
Ron

I've posted pics of mine. Use the search, they are there - somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.