Pick Up Truck Load of Maple - Thanks Power Company -2 More Truck Loads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

This time it was less than .1 miles from my house. I could have carried it home but I was too lazy after working 12 hours. Loaded the truck twice from one yard down the road from my house. The power company is really declaring war on the trees. And its about hot dang time, we keep loosing power anytime there is a minor wind or snowfall. This was tonight's get, the one from earlier this week is in the back of the house. Mostly maple and some what seems to be pine, spruce maybe?

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 153
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 133
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 155
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 152
You can't beat that Kat. Get all you can

Boy, you're putting that "new to you" truck to good use!

Gotta love that maple catch.. a tenth of a mile away. The only thing better would be if they cut the limbs and trees to land right on your splitting area. Good score!

Yes, I actually stopped by to to see the guys doing the cutting and got them all coffee and bagels. They where quite surprised but I thanked them for making it easier for our lights to stay on especially during storms. Those guys work hard, heck i cut and split for 2 hours a week and Im crying to my wife that my back hurts, i cant even fathom doing what they do 8 to 10 hours a day.

Gotta love the easy grab! :cool:
Looks like most of it you can cut to the length you want, although that 30 will probably take a pretty long split in case they cut some long...

Kat, nice to see that ol' truck squattin......that's a nice pile of maple, get 'er split and stacked and it will be ready by late fall. Get all of it that you can. Oh and nice gesture to the guys with the coffee/doughnuts, they will remember you down the road and I'm sure you'll get more wood out of it...

@ Scotty, that truck is sitting pretty. lol. That was a very easy scrounge.
@Woody, yea the 30 can take really nice size splits. Less cutting is always better for me.

Nice of you to treat the guys. Shows that you know it's hard work & appreciate it. :)
They earn their money!

Nice scores. Keep it coming. The easier scores are sweet.
I bet the maple adds weight to the truck fast this time of the year.
The pine looks very close to the spruce here, a decent BTU wood for soft wood & dries pretty fast.
Some call all evergreens pine but, there is quite a difference.

Yes, I actually stopped by to to see the guys doing the cutting and got them all coffee and bagels. They where quite surprised but I thanked them for making it easier for our lights to stay on especially during storms. Those guys work hard, heck i cut and split for 2 hours a week and Im crying to my wife that my back hurts, i cant even fathom doing what they do 8 to 10 hours a day.

Kat, it is what you get used to. It certainly is more difficult to imagine when you work at a desk all day but if you worked like those guys, especially for years, it is all in a day's work. Actually, any time I've watched the crews work, I found it hard to believe how little work they actually did in a day!

Kat, it is what you get used to. It certainly is more difficult to imagine when you work at a desk all day but if you worked like those guys, especially for years, it is all in a day's work. Actually, any time I've watched the crews work, I found it hard to believe how little work they actually did in a day!
I hear you Dennis, you are totally right. Sometimes we surprise ourselves at our capabilities to do thing that seem very hard. If you would have asked me some years a go to run a chainsaw I would have fudged my pants but Ive gotten pretty decent at running one, I still have great respect for the tool, but its a healthy and necessary respect.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.