Pick Up Truck Load of Maple - Thanks Power Company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey all,
My neighbor called me up this afternoon and told me that while she was picking up our kids from school she saw the power company was cleaning some trees that where hanging over the lines. I drove home and in the rain I loaded the Sierra with some really nice maple rounds. There was a really nice pile of oak right down the street but the pile was almost in somone's yard who i know burns wood. Im sure he will snatch that right up. There is still lots more pruning to do in the next few days, I will go in to work one hour late tomorrow just to make sure I see those guys and talk to them. I know the wood on the side of the road is for the taking since I asked someone down the street who actually spoke to those guys but i just want to make sure im not taking what aint mine. Not bad for 20 minutes worth of work.

Beautiful! just waiting for my day to come

Oh, BTW, pictures or it didn't happen :p

Great to find un-planned scores & be able to capitalize on them.
Nice haul :)

@Realstone, Ill post in the AM didnt want to bring my ICrap out in the rain. Plus I got the dirty work clothes to prove it, my wife already yelled at me for scrounging in a shirt and tie. Now I have to soak the clothes outside, she doesnt want to put clothes full or dirt and crud in the regular wash. LOL.

You see a tree cutting crew you gotta jump on it, usually theres not much competition but might as well play it safe.
Still waiting for pics ::-)

@Realstone, Ill post in the AM didnt want to bring my ICrap out in the rain. Plus I got the dirty work clothes to prove it, my wife already yelled at me for scrounging in a shirt and tie. Now I have to soak the clothes outside, she doesnt want to put clothes full or dirt and crud in the regular wash. LOL.
i know just what you're talking about. Worked at a fibreglass fabrication shop one winter. No way the missus would allow my clothes & hers to get jiggy with it in the washing machine.

Pics..... ;)

Congrats on the score. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.