Picked up a Buck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, We live much of the year at the upper ranch. most people I know heat with wood. I've seen these stoves for years, when they're in good nick, they are nice looking good heating machines.

Auntie lives up here but when the snows come she run south for the winter. She has a fireplace you know how they heat. We took a bunch of wood and stacked it in her garage. Then one day we found her a Buck Stove in pretty good nick, needs packing around the glass of course. Thinking she can stay at here in the mountains longer, at least she wouldn't have to leave because it's cold.

Well she decided she didn't want it installed, so looks like we'll have it. I've always liked them. I've seen people who keep them in good shape and know how to use them.

I'll find a place for it even if it's in the bunkhouse or greenhouse.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.