Picked up a Makita from Home depo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danno77 said:
fer being a forum full of tough chainsaw wielding manly-men, you all sure tend to get worked up faster than two teenage girls that wore the same dress to prom.

now, when you climb pine trees shoeless and shirtless in <0F weather to limb with a 60" bar on an 090 then you can tell me you scoff at 2lbs, because you'd be manlier than i am as I wear a shirt and socks when I do it with my 088.
Danno the prom dress brought tears to my eyes.

Danno77 said:
ApproximateLEE said:
You 2 Mary's still spewin' BS about your "2 lb rule"?
This is why I quit IDing wood in the wood room. Because a bunch of know it all keyboard quarterbacks like to poopoo on good advice from seasoned vets who've been there done that.
I'm not huffing my gear or promoting any one brand or model.
Bottom line , 2 lbs is the last thing on my mind when buying a saw. Sound advice folks, is buy what fits and spend the extra $ for a quality brand regardless of weight. Too many friends have bought a too small saw trying to save a few bucks and 2 weeks later bought a bigger one, taking a hickey on the trade.

Since I've been accused of huffing my gear I will NOW indulge! Makita SUCKS! It's all the plastic parts that make it soooo light. There is only one saw, STIHL!

Oh and Unthinkxing,,,, at 5'7" - 260 you might want to leave that box off HoHo's home thats 2 lbs less you'll have to carry!

RespectfuLEE.
KNUCKLEDRAGGER
Lee, I just have to say that when i read your post a while back I almost had to change my signature to include your quote "I crap 2 lbs." something about that just made me laugh out loud, and I mean that literally. I seriously let one loud "HA!" out and the libriarian (My office is attached to the library) asked if I was ok in here.....

Eye literalLEE dew crap 2 lbs.
My wife a year back found some crazy diet she wanted to go on before she had a show in Vegas and eye told her eye wood support her by going on it 2. Well, we had to weigh ourselves every morning and record said weight and one morning right after weighing in ,,felt the urge. So eye "went IN" (as my wife calls it). When eye came back out my wife asked if eye had weighed in and eye said yes. She said she didn't see me get on the scale and didn't believe what eye had wrote down for my recorded weight so eye jumped back on the scale and was 2lbs less than b4 "going IN"!
SO in all reality 2 lbs reaLEE ain't crap,,, OR maybe it is!
Glad eye could "light'n" the mood with that story! Sum of U were reaLEE makin' work outta 2 lbs.

ApproximateLEE said:
You 2 Mary's still spewin' BS about your "2 lb rule"?
This is why I quit IDing wood in the wood room. Because a bunch of know it all keyboard quarterbacks like to poopoo on good advice from seasoned vets who've been there done that.
I'm not huffing my gear or promoting any one brand or model.
Bottom line , 2 lbs is the last thing on my mind when buying a saw. Sound advice folks, is buy what fits and spend the extra $ for a quality brand regardless of weight. Too many friends have bought a too small saw trying to save a few bucks and 2 weeks later bought a bigger one, taking a hickey on the trade.

Since I've been accused of huffing my gear I will NOW indulge! Makita SUCKS! It's all the plastic parts that make it soooo light. There is only one saw, STIHL!

Oh and Unthinkxing,,,, at 5'7" - 260 you might want to leave that box off HoHo's home thats 2 lbs less you'll have to carry!

RespectfuLEE.
KNUCKLEDRAGGER

I was wondering why you hadn't been IDing .. maybe after a break it will be different. The 2lb's of crap should be no surprise with those 2lb sandwiches for lunch. :shut:
I prefer the Stihl saws as well but the newer models also have alot of plastic , that being said if money was no object I would buy a Stihl every time.
Danno please no pics of you in the prom dress with or without a saw

ApproximateLEE said:

Everything you've said up to this point has been right on but this comment is just silly. What is plastic on a Makita/Dolmar that isn't also plastic on a Stihl? Granted, the 6400/1 is not the shining star in their lineup but it is a saw that will still get the job done and last a lifetime.

I stopped into see a Dolmar dealer down the road from me and while he has a 7901 he also has and likes his 6400 and set me up with a full chisel chain and that thing really makes quick work of some big logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.