Picked up a spark plug for my 290

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
They got $7.41 for a spark plug! It doesn't even look like one of those platinum and unobtainium blends that they sell to kids to make their Hondas sound like weed wackers! It does have a pretty white ceramic insulator instead of a black one though!

Ouch! Where'd you get it??! Cheers!

Ouch?? Just picked up an NGK from my Stihl dealer for $3.75 today and didn't even look at the price until I saw this post. Seems steep to me. Pair of chains 2 for 1.5 too.

I got it at my local Stihl dealer. I'll have to try NAPA next time. Luckily I don't have to buy them too often. It was a Bosch plug as was the original plug that came out of it.

Matt

They got $7.41 for a spark plug! It doesn't even look like one of those platinum and unobtainium blends that they sell to kids to make their Hondas sound like weed wackers! It does have a pretty white ceramic insulator instead of a black one though!

After 8 years of hard use and no maintenance I finally never changed the spark plug on my 290 before I sold it. I'm certain it's new owner hasn't switched it out. Still runs fine. The end.

Mine was original to 2005 or so. I let it sit with gas in it and when I went to start it I was getting some trouble. I figured it was time for some maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.