Picked up a woodstove to heat with my pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
Last year I bought a Harman P68 and lots of pellets. I have enough pellets to last me for the whole next heating season. I see that pellets are pretty expensive compared to what I bought mine for. Today I went out and bought a Regency F3100 that was only used for half the year last year. This stove was purchased last year new by a couple and they decided to sell it due to the wife's health. I picked the stove up for $900 vs paying over $2000 for a new one. I think I got a pretty good deal considering the stove looks brand new. Now I have a pellet stove, wood stove and oil heat. If pellets do not come down when I need to buy some more, I guess I will just have to burn more wood.

Its always nice to have options. Three is the magic number. I have an oil burner and pellet stove. Does make a difference.

You've seen the light! :cheese:

Seasoning green wood typically takes at least a year once it has been split. If you haven't done so already, get your wood supply ASAP so it can start seasoning. Most guys like to get at least a year ahead so they don't have to worry about green wood. If you're buying wood, don't assume "seasoned wood" is actually seasoned... it usually isn't.

Congrats on the new stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.