Picked up an Oregon 28 ton splitter today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxTrotBoogie

Oct 8, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
Picked up an Oregon 28 ton splitter with the kohler ch395 engine. Got it brand new from a local wholesale distributor for $1050. I had enough time to double check pricing, and see that it was made by speeco before buying as many other crows were circling the goods. My main reservations are for the kohler engine, anybody have any feedback on it? General likes dislikes on this splitter?

Personally I do not have this splitter but know a guy who does and he loves it.

I do have a rideon Ariens mower which has a Kohler engine and I have had NO issues with it whatsoever. They seem quite reliable. Not a drop of oil is consumed, no maintenance problems at all.

Andrew

I bought the (speeco) cunty line 22ton w kohler engine in november. Only split a cord so far but I love it.

engine starts first pull every time, a tank of gas goes quite a bit farther than the last machine I used, powerful and price is right!

im very happy w it.

I also had an old riding mower w a kohler engine, no problems

Thanks guys, eases my mind a little bit. I've always heard that kohlers are pretty cold blooded. So far so good with it, it fired first pull when I got it together today.
I had full intentions of buying the 22ton from tsc before I ran across this one. For the price I wasn't going to wait and see if they got one in with a honda engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.