Picked up this wood hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adkjake

Burning Hunk
Jan 3, 2010
Adirondack High Peaks
Got it at a yard sale for $50, was in almost new shape. Similar to if not the same as the ones sold at Tractor Supply for $125. Looks like it was made to pull behind a lawn tractor as the hitch set up is just a short 3/8 hitch pin.

I want to tow it behind the ATV using the ball hitch. However the tongue on this little trailer is 3 1/4 inches wide and trailer hitch receivers are 3 inches wide, so I jury rigged a set up using a couple of ripped down treated 2 x 4s, some bolts and lags. Has held up well over some pretty heavy use the past few days hauling rocks, stone dust and splits. Brother in law does welding, so will do a more permanent fix when I can get it over to his shop.

Attachments

• WoodHauler1.jpg
    WoodHauler1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 201
  • WoodHauler2.jpg
    WoodHauler2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: albert1029
I use the exact same little "garden trailer" to shuttle wood up to the house from my big piles at the base of the yard much of the time. Don't have an ATV to pull it though, I use my JD Sabre lawn mower with chains on it. Great buy for $50. I assume this one dumps too? Mine is about 30 yrs old and still going. You'rs looks pretty new, should last a long time!

I use the exact same little "garden trailer" to shuttle wood up to the house from my big piles at the base of the yard much of the time. Don't have an ATV to pull it though, I use my JD Sabre lawn mower with chains on it. Great buy for $50. I assume this one dumps too? Mine is about 30 yrs old and still going. You'rs looks pretty new, should last a long time!
Good to know it has held up so well for you. I also noticed that it is Made in the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.