1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Picked up this wood hauler

Post in 'The Gear' started by Adkjake, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Adkjake

Adkjake Member

Loc:
    Adirondack High Peaks
    Got it at a yard sale for $50, was in almost new shape. Similar to if not the same as the ones sold at Tractor Supply for $125. Looks like it was made to pull behind a lawn tractor as the hitch set up is just a short 3/8 hitch pin.

I want to tow it behind the ATV using the ball hitch. However the tongue on this little trailer is 3 1/4 inches wide and trailer hitch receivers are 3 inches wide, so I jury rigged a set up using a couple of ripped down treated 2 x 4s, some bolts and lags. Has held up well over some pretty heavy use the past few days hauling rocks, stone dust and splits. Brother in law does welding, so will do a more permanent fix when I can get it over to his shop.

Attached Files:

albert1029 likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I use the exact same little "garden trailer" to shuttle wood up to the house from my big piles at the base of the yard much of the time. Don't have an ATV to pull it though, I use my JD Sabre lawn mower with chains on it. Great buy for $50. I assume this one dumps too? Mine is about 30 yrs old and still going. You'rs looks pretty new, should last a long time!
  3. Adkjake

Adkjake Member

Loc:
    Adirondack High Peaks
    Good to know it has held up so well for you. I also noticed that it is Made in the USA!