Picking Apples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I went apple picking today. It was beautiful out... nice weather in the low 70's... And in the back corner of the orchard was an unbelievable pile of downed apple trees.

My father was the only one who understood why I said screw the apples I want that pile of wood.

Matt

We picked pears and apples today also. Nice fall day out here too. No downed trees, but with all the wood I got yesterday, I can wait a bit.

EatenByLimestone said:
I went apple picking today. It was beautiful out... nice weather in the low 70's... And in the back corner of the orchard was an unbelievable pile of downed apple trees.

My father was the only one who understood why I said screw the apples I want that pile of wood.

Matt
I grew up on an orchard there is always a pile of wood somewhere close! Works great in smokers as well

There are some apple trees on the property where we cut... I have thought about cutting them down, but I think my kids would be incredibly mad, as they pick apples from them when we are out cutting.

CowboyAndy said:
There are some apple trees on the property where we cut... I have thought about cutting them down, but I think my kids would be incredibly mad, as they pick apples from them when we are out cutting.
just prune them and you will have a nice pile in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.