PICKING UP NEW ENGLANDER 30NC TODAY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westside

Mar 3, 2010
Indiana
Just wanted to know if it was okay to do the initial burn in out side before bringing it in the house ? I plan on starting a few small fires to cure the paint. I don't have any stove pipe yet would it be okay to this with out any pipe attached to the stove top ?

Think you would need at least a few feet of single wall pipe. Which should cost very little, plus if you have the stove pipe that you are going to install with it, cure it also new pipe stinks the first time you get it hot.

That is how I did it. Definitely stick some pipe in it. The draft will be awful enough even with it.

Attachments

• 30 break in.jpg
    30 break in.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 490
Thanks for the fast replys. Getting ready to leave now to pick up the stove. This is going to be a new install so i will see about picking up some double wall before doing the initial burn in . Thanks again for the help. I'm sure i'll have plenty more questions later on when i get around to the stove and chimney install.

Got the stove home and since i couldn't find any double wall pipe just went ahead and brought it in the house . Hopefully the paint and pipe fumes won't be all that bad when i get around to installing it. Before hauling the stove home we removed the firebrick and had the store to make note that there were 3 broken firebrick . After getting the stove home the first thing the wife noticed was the gold trim was missing from the front door . Is the door trim just glued to the door with high temp silicone or will i have to remove the glass to install the door trim , then reinstall the glass?
Another thing i noticed was the ceramic fiber board above the burn tubes appears to be glued together with high temp silicone . Just curious if this is just there to hold the boards in place during shipping or will the silicone hold up to that high of heat ? The door gasket is also frayed a little where they join at the corner . Would it be a good idea to cover the frayed area with some high temp silicone or some other type of material ?

Attachments

• DSC02200.jpg
    DSC02200.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC02195.jpg
    DSC02195.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC02196.jpg
    DSC02196.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC02197.jpg
    DSC02197.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 387
The silicone is there to hold the stuff in place during shipping. It will burn off in the first good fire. As to the door trim it is held on with clips. I tossed mine. It just took away from the view of the fire.

The door gasket is fine. They usually join it at the middle of the door on the hinge side. Never saw it done at the corner.

contact my shop at 800-245-6489 and one of my techs will register your waranty and ship you the bricks that were damaged in shipping hours are 8-5 eastern mon-fri. make sure you have your stove's serial number so they can do the registration with you when you call in.

Dang it Mike. A whole 45 minutes for a manufacturer's response in the middle of the night. What is the world coming to? :p

I had a couple of broken bricks. Called like Mike said and they made it good ASAP. Good company, good people. I have a different model of stove than yours, so I can't help you other than to say that I broke mine in inside the house and it didn't bother me too much. I did open a window near the stove, but several progressively bigger fires didn't make it overwhelming in the house.

Thanks for the info , BB . We've been burning a zero clerance firepace for years, i can hardly wait till next winter to fire this beast up . Sure be nice not having to feed the fire every 2-3 hours.

Now that's what i call fast service . Thanks Mike , i'll give you a call tomorrow and get the stove registered.

Be ready for a learning curve. And start off easy and build into it. Stuff that sucker full of wood and it will scare the crap out of ya. And warm up the neighborhood. From inside your house.

BrotherBart said:
Be ready for a learning curve. And start off easy and build into it. Stuff that sucker full of wood and it will scare the crap out of ya. And warm up the neighborhood. From inside your house.

3 posts and still not a t shirt for the newest member of the club? You must be out of stock.

Fresh stock just arrived. Here's yer shirt:

Attachments

• englander t shirt.jpg
    englander t shirt.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.