Pics of clearances, are these ok?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clark_bailey

Dec 20, 2007
Alabama
I still need reassurance that my clearance is ok. ICC 6 inch excel pipe, passes 2.5 inches from framing on firewall support and 2.5 inches from roof joist, see pics. Or shold I flash the joist and supports for extra measures against heat radiation to the framing? Need advise, will be firing it up this pm after I sawzall a hole in the roof and place flashing.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 623
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 607
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 588
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 587
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 606
What do the instructions that came with your pipe say? Most class A requires only 2" of clearance to combustibles, but I have seen some that require 3.

You are good
2" clearance on ICC
Expect where is passes threw a ICC support box or Radialtion shield then it will be less AT THE LOCATION OF THE BOX only.

OK, yeah minimum I have is 2.5 inches everywhere it passes by a joist or 2x4. I have no support box or otherwise, my pipe is in a interior wall chase all the way to roof decking. I am good then?

How is the pipe terminated on the bottom side of the class A pipe? Got a shot of that?

It sits on a anchor plate adapter. Pic attatched. BTW thanks to all who answered my questions. Me caveman I have fire!

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 415
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 428
Ahh the heat of a Z42

nice choice

Status
Not open for further replies.