Pics of my Avalon Rainier and 2.5 cords delivered and stacked.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtownPA

Feb 15, 2007
Newtown, PA
Here are some pics of my Avalon Rainier, and also 2.5 cords of unseasoned wood delivered and stacked. A couple of people were asking for these. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 3,271
Looks great. It will feel even better when you aren't wearing shorts. I jealous, all my wood is still sitting in rounds.

nice.What species of wood is in that pile?

Not a bad price for good wood;it looks like you got an honest 2.5 cords there too.

Wood looks great, insert looks fantastic. Hearth looks in need of serious extension.

We just got an Avalon Rainier wood stove insert and would like to talk to users of this stove. We live in New York and are looking to save money on heating. Last year we purchased 804 gallongs of oil. I recently purchased wood (about 4 cords) and don't know if I'll have enough.

Can you please e-mail me with your experience, [email protected] and let me know how many logs you burn on a cold winter day?

regards,

Evan

Looks like red oak in that pile. That's good heatin' wood there. Enjoy your dwindling fuel bills...

schmev123,

Last year I burned 2.5 cords of wood. I heard that a rule of thumb is: By March you should still have half your supply of wood - ie, don't burn it all before March because there's still a lot of cold days up until May. Also make sure your wood has been seasoned (ie, is old and not "green"). I am about to install a chimney liner so I expect that my stove will be more efficient. Do you have a good chimney?

tutu_sue,

Yep some good wood for sure. Even though I bought this wood back in March it may not be ready for this year since there is a lot of oak. I may order some "seasoned" wood to hold me over for a while and give this batch more time to dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.