Pics of My New Pacific Energy Summit(plus 1 of my Avalon)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected ole" brother bart. good catch .
So the "base" of the stove means the bottom of the stove firebox i take it ?

Attachments

• chimney2.JPG
    chimney2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 205
  • chimney.JPG
    chimney.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 183
Well you are guys are making me feel special, thank you. OK, what do you think do I need 15 feet from bottom of stove to chimney cap, buying another 3 feet?

Hey Roo, what is that shovel like thing on your stove? Did you buy that and if so where, looks like for shoveling ash into the ash-hole?

Just to review, I have 11 feet of pipe, from stove collar to cap, maybe a little more than 11 but not that much, maybe 11'6 at max. I guess if the manual says 15 feet from base to cap adding another 31 inches, I am not that far away. I will at the very least add 3 foot section and brace. Is is easy number one to add a 3 foot section my self. I know the brand they put it and also putting a brace on, is that easy also on a nice warmer day....

Thanks for the time Fellas

BrotherBart said:
Manual currently says from the bottom of the "appliance" Spike.

Edit: So for the Summit it would be chimney height plus 31" for total flue height.

The "base" of the summit is meaning the bottom of the firebox would be 19 1/2" , to the floor it would be 28 1/2"

I would think it would to to the bottom of the fire box because under the fire box wouldn't have anything to do with draft. But I'm just guessing.

Roospike said:
I stand corrected ole" brother bart. good catch .
So the "base" of the stove means the bottom of the stove firebox i take it ?

I have spare time to look at Summit stuff since the 30-NC doesn't require a lot of time defending spending all that dough. Not that the Summit isn't a good little stove or anything.

this has been a good post the solution was hashed out. Imput from all has been educational.
JFK good luck with your stove

I used Simpson Dura Liner. The stove adapter had a curled out and down top edge and the bottom had a plate you are supposed to screw to the stove top. I cut the plate off, and the collar slid inside the stove collar, with the curled lip outward but same size as stove outlet itself. I used furnace cement where the stove collar and adapter mated. The 5' flex had an inner & outer collared end. So the inner went inside the adapter & stove collar and the outer outside. Fit real nice and tight. screwed the adapter to the stove collar, the then screwed through the adapter & flex's inner & outer end with the stove collar in between. Worked real nice. I dunno what the plate deal was, but that parts gone :).
Everything fit so snug, screwing didn't bulge the collar out between the screws, It was a perfect fit and I consider myself lucky on that one.

Why couldn't you just put double wall black pipe right on top of the stove with the male end inside and then drill and screw it on? The adapter sounds like a weak link.

Status
Not open for further replies.