Pics of my new stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bad0351

Jun 17, 2011
SW New Hampshire

I love the way the install went and the way it looks in the room!!

Its A haman P-61A......just got today so we will have to wait a bit for a review....the longer the better!!

I would fire it up to make sure it works though before fall gets here.

chrisasst said:
I would fire it up to make sure it works though before fall gets here.

Oh yes.....I plan to fire it as soon as we get a cool evening and make sure all is working....
It was almost 90 today so I thought I'd wait a bit and make sure in the next week or two.

well it wont be any different in the winter...it will feel like its 90 outside when in that room during the winter when that bad ass working..

Can you post a picture of how you sealed the pipe to the outside part of the thimble? I will be installing my stove with the same thimble, although I think it will be in a different orientation for straight out.

pollywog said:
Can you post a picture of how you sealed the pipe to the outside part of the thimble? I will be installing my stove with the same thimble, although I think it will be in a different orientation for straight out.

I sure will.....I'm not home now but will get you one tomorrow...

Dale

Hello Dale

Looks really nice! You will love those freezing cold nights now because instead of turning up the oil and thinking about the cost, you will be warm and cozy with the cheap but warm pellet heat!!!

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 250sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 250sc.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 578
Very Nice.... Good looking stove. Nice OAK set-up..

Is that electric Dolly yours?? Or the Dealer's?? I have been looking to buy one of those. The guy who brought my 750 lb Vault, did it with his 11 yr old daughter. His was a little bigger (More complicated) unit. But that one you have, is what I am looking for.

great stove and great looking set up. congratulations.

what pipe vent kit is that? who makes it?

vinny

bad0351 said:
Oh yes.....I plan to fire it as soon as we get a cool evening and make sure all is working....
It was almost 90 today so I thought I'd wait a bit and make sure in the next week or two.

Not to be a party pooper, but I would have plugged it in outdoors and ran it on high to get all the manufacturing oils & high heat paint burned off BEFORE bringing it inside. They stink-up the house pretty good unless you have the windows open.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, the stove & install look great!! Congrats.

The installer had me do the following after our P61 was installed.
Start the stove normally and as soon as the circulation fan came on shut it down.
He said do this 4-5 times to "break in" the stove.

Anyone else hear of this?

Anyway, nice looking stove! It sure is a workhorse if you need it!
This coming Winter will be our 4th and no regrets!!

DexterDay said:
Very Nice.... Good looking stove. Nice OAK set-up..

Is that electric Dolly yours?? Or the Dealer's?? I have been looking to buy one of those. The guy who brought my 750 lb Vault, did it with his 11 yr old daughter. His was a little bigger (More complicated) unit. But that one you have, is what I am looking for.

That was the dealers rig....

imacman said:
bad0351 said:

Not to be a party pooper, but I would have plugged it in outdoors and ran it on high to get all the manufacturing oils & high heat paint burned off BEFORE bringing it inside. They stink-up the house pretty good unless you have the windows open.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, the stove & install look great!! Congrats.

I thought of that after the fact.....oooops!
I'll have a fan and windows open.... :)

So I see your from sw nh also. Did you get your stove in Jaffery? Thats where I got mine.Did you get a chance to take a picture of the outside pipe to thimble seal?

pollywog said:
So I see your from sw nh also. Did you get your stove in Jaffery? Thats where I got mine.Did you get a chance to take a picture of the outside pipe to thimble seal?

Yes, I did get it in Jaffrey...I wanted a dealer that is close by and one I felt comfortable with this being my first dip in the pellet pool....(VERY nice folks to deal with)
I hope these are the pics your looking for?? let me know if not and I can take some others for you.

Dale

bad0351 said:
pollywog said:
.........Did you get a chance to take a picture of the outside pipe to thimble seal?
I hope these are the pics your looking for?? let me know if not and I can take some others for you.

Dale

Dale, one thing that needs to be fixed is the LARGE gap between the outside thimble plate and the pipe....WAY too much space. Bugs, bees, rain, snow, etc will find their way into that space.

Did you do a self install on this, or the dealer?

bad0351 said:
pollywog said:

Yes, I did get it in Jaffrey...I wanted a dealer that is close by and one I felt comfortable with this being my first dip in the pellet pool....(VERY nice folks to deal with)

Dale

Dealer install.....How can I seal that gap?.....possibly fabricate a cover from alluminum or lead flashing?
Thankyou for the heads up!!

Yup, those are the pictures I wanted. That shows the gap I was wondering how I was going to seal. i will probably secure some wire mesh , chicken wire on the inside to help hold the pipe centered and help hold the silicone caulk i will put in the gap. Any other suggestions out there? Im sure others have had the same setup. is 500deg rtv from rutland good enough for pellet stove pipe sealing?

bad0351 said:
Dealer install.....How can I seal that gap?.....possibly fabricate a cover from alluminum or lead flashing?

Oh wow...the dealer did that???? :gulp:

IMO, the dealer/installer needs to come back and fix it....no way I'd accept that.

Yes, they need to fab some sheet galvanized or aluminum with a circle cut out of it that will fit tight against the pipe, and then the whole thing should be sealed with clear Hi-Temp silicone all around it.

What I really would like is a sheet metal washer that would just slide over the pipe, yet be large enough to cover the hole. Say 3-9/16 ID by 4-1/2 od. Any one got the tools for that?

pollywog said:
....is 500deg rtv from rutland good enough for pellet stove pipe sealing?

Yes, that's fine. They DO make it in clear too.

imacman said:
bad0351 said:

Oh wow...the dealer did that???? :gulp:

IMO, the dealer/installer needs to come back and fix it....no way I'd accept that.

Yes, they need to fab some sheet galvanized or aluminum with a circle cut out of it that will fit tight against the pipe, and then the whole thing should be sealed with clear Hi-Temp silicone all around it.

That may be something I can take care of.....I hate to have them back for something thats an easy fix.... :zip:

I still think that you should tell them. That way they know and maybe it won't happen to the next guy.. Do what you want. But I am a DIY'er and I would at least give the dealer a "Heads up". Maybe he does them all like this (I would doubt it, but ya never know) or maybe he just got in a hurry and forgot. We are all Human (right?).. I would let him know either way. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.