Pics of my new stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gap is now closed!!
All it took was 10 min. of my time and a 5x7 piece of alluminum flashing

I cut it to size and cut a whole the size of the pipe slid it over and glued it to the back panel of the thimble with high heat silicon...then sealed it all tight.

I think this should be good??

Dale

Still need to seal around the outside edge of that thimble. Pretty big gap because the siding was not cut square, so its not flush. I did that when I installed mine.. Went back and cut siding square, so the thimble sat flush.. Smaller gaps and less silicone.. Looks great though.. I like that termination cap you have.. "Rocket" Nice.

DexterDay said:
Still need to seal around the outside edge of that thimble. Pretty big gap because the siding was not cut square, so its not flush. I did that when I installed mine.. Went back and cut siding square, so the thimble sat flush.. Smaller gaps and less silicone.. Looks great though..

I like that termination cap you have.. "Rocket" Nice.

My plan for the outside edge is to use 908 casing ....just cut the siding to allow the casing to recess against the sheathing and seal against the thimble

Dale

bad0351 said:
DexterDay said:
Still need to seal around the outside edge of that thimble. Pretty big gap because the siding was not cut square, so its not flush. I did that when I installed mine.. Went back and cut siding square, so the thimble sat flush.. Smaller gaps and less silicone.. Looks great though..

My plan for the outside edge is to use 908 casing ....just cut the siding to allow the casing to recess against the sheathing and seal against the thimble

Dale

Perfect... Thats sounds better and it will look 100 times better.. Much cleaner look. You may be the only one that would notice it, but I always want everything to be "Perfect". That way everytime I see it? I think of the Energy and Time I put into it, to make it look that way. That goes for anything.... "Take Pride in EVERYTHING you do" My Father once told me that. Words to live by.

DexterDay said:
bad0351 said:
DexterDay said:

Dale

Perfect... Thats sounds better and it will look 100 times better.. Much cleaner look. You may be the only one that would notice it, but I always want everything to be "Perfect". That way everytime I see it? I think of the Energy and Time I put into it, to make it look that way. That goes for anything.... "Take Pride in EVERYTHING you do" My Father once told me that. Words to live by.

Sounds to me like you have a very wise father sir!!!
Thankyou for your help with this...my first pellet stove.

Dale

bad0351 said:
The gap is now closed!!
All it took was 10 min. of my time and a 5x7 piece of alluminum flashing

I cut it to size and cut a whole the size of the pipe slid it over and glued it to the back panel of the thimble with high heat silicon...then sealed it all tight.

I think this should be good??

Dale

Looks like you're good to go!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.