Pic's of some free rounds.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyOne

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2006
Central NJ
I came across a sign for "free firewood" in my area. An elderly couple must have had a tree taken down and saved a few bucks by having the tree company leave the rounds. Not one to pass up the wood, I headed home for my trailer and loaded it up. Not sure of the species, but these suckers had to be around 180 lbs each. I was able to get them on a dolly and pull them onto my trailer. Average size was about 32". I'm thinking ash, but not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1424s.jpg
    IMG_1424s.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 755
I also finished cutting the logs I had delivered for $100. I'm like a kid when it comes to this stuff.....can't get enough of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1425s.jpg
    IMG_1425s.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 773
Nice wood mang!

Hey, you're from HIllsborough eh? That's my old neck of the woods. I lived in bloomingdale, but I was at my grandparents EVERY day in Rivervale. They lived right off of rivervale road, on carusoe lane.

Nice looking wood. good score. some of thoes rounds look heavier then 180lbs.

earthharvester said:
Nice looking wood. good score. some of thoes rounds look heavier then 180lbs.

Yeah, I'm not one for judging weight. They were probably more like 280 lbs. Took all of my 210lb body just to roll them. LOL.

There were two left at the house, I might head back next week. They were cut 10" though. A little small for my trouble.

Corie said:
Nice wood mang!

Hey, you're from HIllsborough eh? That's my old neck of the woods. I lived in bloomingdale, but I was at my grandparents EVERY day in Rivervale. They lived right off of rivervale road, on carusoe lane.

Wow, small world. We love the area, it's just the taxe$ we could do without. Been here for about 8 yrs.

FuzzyOne said:
And here is the "fruits of my labor"....LOL

That's not ash. I'm guessing sugar (hard) maple.

Yes, a friend also said it's maple. Actually on the trailer, I have it mixed with red oak. For some reason I like to mix my woods when stacking and splitting instead of seperating them. Maybe I'm just odd, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.