1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pics of the MS362!!

Post in 'The Gear' started by NH_Wood, Apr 16, 2013.

1. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Hey guys - couldn't resist getting outside this morning and hanging out with the new baby for a little while - here's what she looks like (plus a photo of why my wife is starting to think I'm nuts)!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. JoeyD

JoeyD Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Jersey
    Congratulations, I think you will love that saw, I know I love mine.
  3. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks JoeyD - glad you like yours - you running a 20" bar on that saw? The guy I bought the saw from thought it would be best ran with an 18" bar - I'm sure it would be a lot faster, but I can't see it now taking a 20" real well. Cheers!
  4. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Wow. You did real good on that deal. That thing is minty mint.

I run a 20" on my 361. The extra couple inches of reach is appreciated for me (I'm 6'3")...but if it had come with an 18" I'd most likely still be running it. I don't think 18" would be a "lot" faster unless you had the bar completely buried in some serious hardwood. I noodled some hedge rounds a couple weeks where the 20" bar was completely buried and it flew threw them.
    TreePointer likes this.
  5. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks Lukem - seller said that he ran about 3-4 tanks of gas through the saw - it looks nearly new - bar only has the smallest amount of wear - I'm happy! Glad the 20" bar is working well for you - my 039 gets a little boggy with the 20", but the 362 should have a little more torque. Cheers!
  6. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    That is one sexy beast. I run an 18" bar on my 361 for the primary bar. 25" for the backup bar. The 18" on that thing is the closest thing to a light saber you are gonna find.
    For the record, I doubt the 20" will have any noticeable decline in performance.
    TreePointer likes this.
  7. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks Jags - I think you are right - with a sharp chain, I'm guessing the 20" will pull well. Wish I didn't have to work today - she's calling me home.......Cheers!
  8. So you have a 039, 391 and 362? I think its time for a comparison video. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MasterMech likes this.
  9. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    It's time for a ''for sale' video, or my wife will be making a 'funeral video' ;lol Cheers!
    n6crv and Hills Hoard like this.
  10. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Heck, my MS261 runs an 18" bar without much problem and I am usually cutting oak and it is usually buried. The MS362 should be able to run a 20" bar without much trouble.

Very nice find. Damn, I get to see new tractors and new saws on here and I'm jealous. Guess I should be happy I am making the guys on the gun chatboard jealous. Good things come to those that wait (at least that is what I keep hearing).
  11. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks fabsroman - I hear you on the tractor.......that a big dream of mine - if I can just sell about 300 more saws, I might able to afford a crappy one!!!! Cheers!
  12. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Im super impressed with my new 261 w/ 18" that 362 should be unstopable with a 20"
    First saw I have ever owned that I think I need some ear plugs, them pro stihls scream.
    Nice collection you have going there NH :)
  13. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks Todd 2 - need to find some wood to cut real quick to test her out! Cheers!
  14. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Very nice saw.... I run 18" on my 036 Pro (well, run a 20" sometimes ;me Depends which one I am running. I have 3 of them) and the 18" makes the saw seem like a Race Saw!!! A 20" is just fine too. But if cutting small wood, under 14"-16", then 18" is at home all day.

Less cutters to sharpen, more speed, and better oiling.

Is the Dolamr for sale?? ;em

Click to enlarge

image.jpg
  15. Todd 2

Todd 2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Not to jump the thread here but how does those Forester bars hold up Dex ? The price is great on them that I have seen.
  16. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Good to know DexterDay - PM if serious about the Dolmar! Cheers!
  17. FireBones

FireBones Member

Loc:
    Norfolk County Ontario
    Gotta love a 362, I know I do! Wait for a few more tanks of fuel through it and she will really eat then!! I run a 20" bar on mine and it throws very well, I found maxing out the oil adjuster to help a great deal with this saw. Todd is right these bad boys sound awesome.
  18. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Wasn't even gonna open the thread, but I had to.
    AWESOME !
    MasterMech likes this.
  19. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Good new FireBones - she does sound tight. Trip to the Stihl dealer coming up for you Dave???? ==c Cheers!
  20. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    I really wish I could ==c ==c
    Gonna have to sell something !
  21. JoeyD

JoeyD Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Jersey
    I run an 18" bar because I use the bar as a measurement guide because my stove will only take an 18" split. That and I haven't really ever needed anything bigger. I'm not sure you would notice much difference in speed between an 18" and 20" bar.
  22. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks JoeyD - my post you quoted had a typo - I meant to say I thought it would handle the 20" real well - glad you think so too! Cheers!
  23. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Your wife is right! ;)
  24. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Ha Smokin - she had gone to the barn to get something that night and it was the first time she saw the line-up - big frowny-face when she came back in........:eek:
  25. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    lol, I got lots of Saws coming my way right now to, but there in the form of 220volts. Man I got to build me one of those barns. If not the there going to be a couple new saws in the master. ;)
    (My saw stop should be set-up Sunday)