Picture of direct vent in corner ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcampbell

Jan 3, 2008
Vermont
Could someone show me some pictures of how this might look, either top or rear vent. I am just trying to figure if it would be really silly looking or ??? I guess what the concern is that in a corner you have to pick one corner or the other and it would be asymmetrical :)

One of the problems is one wall of the corner is the front of the house, and the other has the electrical, phone and cable wires coming down it.

are you talking pellet?

We have that exact cabinet and unit on our showroom display. The cabinet is pretty intimidating because its HUGE. Unfortunately that cabinet only comes in paint grade and that's not really in style around here. People want to stain stuff here. The paint grade stuff is an east coast thing.

Heat & Glo SL-550TR-IPI-E or it might be the TRS. There is all the SL-350TRS-IPI which is a little smaller. Check out the whole brochure it has them all in there with dimensions and everything. If you need to find a dealer www.heatnglo.com has a dealer locator.

Those sure are pretty but I should have specified. I meant any freestanding stove. Typically you see a stove with either a 90 going straight out or just going straight up. In a corner you couldn't go directly back and out, you'd have to pick one side wall or the other and I'm wondering if that would look very weird.

So you're saying 45 into a 45 to the wall at some point? Could you pull the stove out enough to make it go up 90 elbow and straight into the thimble? May look a bit better. I think if you had some straight runs up and over it would look better than angles. Tough call, but I see where you are in terms of looks odd (just from mental pictures).
Sorry for no real help, just comments.
Chad

Is this what you are thinking of? I, personally, think it would look fine.

Attachments

• corneroffset.jpg
    corneroffset.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 221
Yes exactly, thanks. A separate issue, unfortunately is on the corner you have pictured is a bunch of electrical non-sense, and the other corner is the front of our house. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Heat & Glo and Quadrafire units you can get a decorative cover for the cap that can be painted any color. If you pick a stove that uses Simpson duravent they just came out with some really cool decorative caps, copper and stainless steel ones as well. That would be an option to put it on the front of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.