Picture of my Jotul 550 insert and woodbox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxburyeric

Feb 6, 2008
Western Connecticut
First attempt at posting a picture. Hope it works. First year burning. My Dad and I made the wood-box out of cherry plywood. Thanks to all for help this year. Eric

Attachments

• fireplace - Page 001.jpg
    fireplace - Page 001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,347
  • fireplace - Page 003.jpg
    fireplace - Page 003.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,114
Wow, looks nice! Clean install on the insert and beautiful cherry box!

Your insert looks great. I love how all of the colors complement each other.

Your wood box looks like the grandpa to the one my son made last year. (His first wood working project - age 11) Ours is plywood and 'lives' outside and is much smaller. Holds kindling. No room inside for a nice one like yours.

If things start to get dry in your living room you might stick a crock of water on your hearth to add moisture to your inside air. ;-)

Great job . . . love the stone work.

Thanks guys and gals. I didn't do the stone work - only picked the stone when we built the house in 1999. My wife choose the 2 tone paint job, which is more dramatic when looking at the room in its whole (2 stories tall). The house is no dryer this year with the wood the previous years only burning oil (which suprises me).

Roxburyeric said:
First attempt at posting a picture. Hope it works. First year burning. My Dad and I made the wood-box out of cherry plywood. Thanks to all for help this year. Eric

Very nice looking stove and box! Looks cozy and warm!

Ray

Yes the stone work is all real stone from the property. It sticks out about 5 to 6 inches from the wall. The fireplace opening has a nice arch in it with a large diamond shaped key stone, which unfortunetly is covered (the arch) by the surround panels.

Craig - I sent you 2 pictures by email. Eric

very elegant and classy looking ,no doubt about it you did a great job for sure

I love the flush look! So many wood inserts look like someone cut the legs off of a free standing stove and got it stuck half way in. Yours looks nothing like a retrofit. Very nice.

Beautiful job eric very tastefully done, I do a lot of work in the roxbury/washington area as a matter of fact i was up there today on hemlock rd and will be tomorrow as well. The stonework is very nice (as is the insert and box as well), who did the stone work for you?

CT arborist

Status
Not open for further replies.