Picture resizing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
When making a posting one can upload a file or one can copy/paste an image into the posting. If one does the later, there are resizer gadgets at the corner that allow one to resize the image. They even give the pixel dimensions of the resize. However, once the posting is saved, the resize is lost. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

10_unitedbamboocat_190x190.jpg

I have the same issue. I just was hoping y'all had bigger screens and better resolutions than I do. ==c

Go into edit mode for that image.Then grab the resizers. You can shrink it down proportionately in edit mode. It even tells you the size. But when you save the image it reverts to large again.

Interesting. I am seeing it in Windows Firefox and Explorer, but not on Mac Safari or Chrome.

Could be. I tried Chrome on Win7 and it's the same as on the Mac. Too bad, this would be a great feature.

I have Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Seamonkey (in Linux) and I have to use them all for various sites for just this kind of issue. Like, I can't use my streaming music MOG in Firefox without problems but it's fine in Chrome. I can't use KOMO radio's real time stream because it stutters in Firefox. Fine in IE. You'd think that HTML would be more standard, but it's really a mish-mash out there. Frustrating sometimes.

Thanks for the tip on the on-board resizing, though. It would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.