Pictures Finally

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckee83

Sep 24, 2012
Finally was able to get around to posting the pictures of our Cumberland MF3800 and some other miscellaneous pictures of the pellets and the pellet screen that I built (witch I found on here). I will say that with the screen I have gone through 1.5 tons so far and have 0 fines in the hopper or around the back of the auger.

Thanks again to everyone for there advice and input on a stove and pellet selection!

2012-11-01_17-42-50_156.jpg2012-11-01_17-43-06_123.jpg2013-01-03_16-59-05_524.jpg2013-01-03_16-59-40_773.jpg2012-10-25_19-38-30_222.jpg2012-12-06_19-46-11_473.jpg

I like the pellet screen you built. Is it worth the time? Every time I dump a bag in my stove I cringe when I get to the fines at the bottom.

Nice stove. She is tall with long legs....Kinda like Salty was craving before he quit on us!

Ohhh that is purty. And the Somerset’s stacked by the chimney with care. Very nice.

Sweet stove I was looking at one of those at one time ..How are you liking it ? Any issues or problems with the cumberland ? Nice ride too ! Gt stang I owned a 2008 I couldnt drive it in winter tho it didnt like the Maine snow so I had to give her up :(

Nice stove, I love the car:cool: What are those duct tape bags?

Snuck those past the border patrol!

Hope he has enough for everybody;) Looking at that fines vac it looks more like something I used back in the day fill the red bowl with something to burn , fill the tube with water / ice , apply flame, inhale deeply repeat... ::-)

The best pic is burying the oil tank with bags of pellets. A picture is worth a thousand words or saving a thousand dollars in this case.

1) I think that the pellet vacuum is worth it (myself). Below is a picture after I ran a bag through it.

2) We love the stove so far. The coldest It has got down to is -2 and we didn't even reach the higher settings and it was 76 inside, it pumps out the heat. Cleaning is a breeze; Push off button, pull lever to clear burn pot, push on button, that's it.

3) The duct tape bags are some pellets that were wet. The first ton of Somersets that I got had some holes in the top of the pallet wrap and also in a hand full of the bags on top. I just opened the other end of the wet bags, scooped the good ones out and throughout the bad ones. It ended up being about a bag and a half of wasted pellets so I wasn't that upset.

2012-10-25_19-35-22_995.jpg

The stove is a beaut. Liking the detail on that. How's the GT run.? I still keep an 87 Buick GN that I take out in the summer. It used to run circles around the stock stangs back in the day but still a very fun car to drive .

Do a lot of people have problems with fines jamming the auger? I've never vac'ed or sifted my pellets and my auger seems to turn like clockwork. Is this something I should be worried about in the future?

Nice setup by the way.

This is what I used for the pellet vacuum. I used a funnel and cut the bottom off instead of a bowl and used some duct strapping and small screws to attach it as opposed to glue. The table I just made out of some scrap wood from my wood shop.

PelletVacDiagram1.jpg

'85 Monte SS in the garage....original owner, all original, 77K on the odometer.
First car was a 74 Monte. What a tank! Loved it! GN's first owner was my mail lady. Babied up to 19K. 79K on the odo and still running strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.