Pictures from Up Top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We still have enough snow that I can't get into certain areas to cut but I was able to make it up top and take these pictures.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2697.jpg
    100_2697.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_2698.jpg
    100_2698.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 100_2701.jpg
    100_2701.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 505
Nice. Those look like white tails, all we have is mule deer around here.

Here's a few of the guys we have hanging around our place.
They start having their lambs up on the cliff about this time of the year.

Attachments

• goat1.jpg
    goat1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 429
  • goat2.jpg
    goat2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 433
  • goat3.jpg
    goat3.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 439
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/video/video.php?v=58114396649&comments;

Good pictures Zap.

Nate, that is an incredible video. No doubt a winter yarding area and with the new cutting going on, they are coming in for something to eat. They look to be in good shape too. Do you know where that video was taken?

Carbon_Liberator said:

Carbon nice pictures, how close can you get before they run your arse over?

Zap

I think Maine or Eastern Canada, but I'm not sure. I do know I started salivating when I first saw that video.... why don't they come around like that when they are in season! haha!

Backwoods Savage said:
Good pictures Zap.

Nate, that is an incredible video. No doubt a winter yarding area and with the new cutting going on, they are coming in for something to eat. They look to be in good shape too. Do you know where that video was taken?

NATE379 said:
I think Maine or Eastern Canada, but I'm not sure. I do know I started salivating when I first saw that video.... why don't they come around like that when they are in season! haha!

Backwoods Savage said:
Good pictures Zap.

Nate379 the link you put up, do you need to have a password and username to see it?

Zap

wood spliter said:
Zap, you know those deer pictures drive me nuts :lol:

One of the things we like the most about living in the woods is being able to see the wildlife.

Zap

zapny said:
NATE379 said:

Backwoods Savage said:
Good pictures Zap.

Nate379 the link you put up, do you need to have a password and username to see it?

Zap

I'm not Nate, but I can tell you that you have to log in to Facebook to see it. So yes, you need a password and username. Hang on though Zap and maybe I can send it direct to you.

zapny said:
Carbon_Liberator said:

Carbon nice pictures, how close can you get before they run your arse over?

Zap
Generally you can get close to them is when they come down to the road like that, and when they do you'll often see a lot of cars stopped and people wandering around taking picture.
Usually I just let them be, but just this once there were no other cars around so I got out of my car and took those pictures. They were on the shoulder and I got half way across the road before they started turning away from me and heading back up the hill. I don't think they would try charging a human, but who knows, maybe I'll find out one day.

Here's a picture of 5 kids in August with their mothers (nannies) who have lost their long winter coats.

Attachments

• 5kids.jpg
    5kids.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.