Pictures Of My Wood Pile Now ;-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoosterBoy

Jul 5, 2006
CT

Attachments

• logs1.jpg
    logs1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 833
Not having to cut the rounds in the woods, heft them into the trailer and figure how to snake the little tractor through the woods and up the hill to the house is CHEATING!

Whoa Rooster, nice supply.

I prefer to cut/split wood by myself. Gives me time to enjoy my surroundings and nature without feeling rushed or obligated to converse about nothing.

Enjoy the peace, and heat.

Pictures like that make me want to bang my head on the desk in frustration. One delivery like that every couple years would give me total independence from The Wood Man! My yard just won't accommodate such a delivery.

Mo Heat said:
Pictures like that make me want to bang my head on the desk in frustration. One delivery like that every couple years would give me total independence from The Wood Man! My yard just won't accommodate such a delivery.

Move?

BrotherBart said:
Mo Heat said:

Move?

Crack me up thanks!!!

BrotherBart said:
Mo Heat said:

Move?

Always with the comedy and compassion, eh BB?

I just haven't placed wood delivery as my number one priority for a residence as of yet. Seems sort of masochistic when you think about it. ;)

Maybe you ought to get your priorities straight, Mo.

Sheesh!

MountainStoveGuy said:
Nice! i like to split, it keeps you in shape, dont be tempted my the dark side and buy a splitter,
Ha, Out of all people to make that statement . MSG , "Your fired"

RoosterBoy said:
hay guys do you think i have enough wood now for my little house ;-) and new Avalon renire wood stove ;-) the only thing i feel bad about is i have no one to help me cut split and stack all this wood :) wish i did it would make it more fun.
http://st91.startlogic.com/~ab1aicom/logs2.jpg
http://st91.startlogic.com/~ab1aicom/logs3.jpg
thanks
Jason
What is it that you have added sense the last time you posted pictures of the wood pile ? Is the log pile bigger than it was before ?

RoosterBoy said:
yes the first pile was one load the pictures in this post is another load i got and i got much more on this load costed me total of $480

thanks
Jason
I dont remember you saying in the other thread of how well your wood drys in the shade under the tree when i asked . My wood pile normally takes 9 months in the full sun all summer . I wondered how much the shade slows down the drying time.

well so far so good the wood was cut split and stacked in may and i cut the pices small hopeing that would make drying faster.

so far so good we had a lot of hot weather here in june july so i hope by oct it should be seasioned.

i have about a cord of wood thats been sitting in the sun since march that i hand split so i will use that starting oct to december then i will use the stuff under the tree.

so i should be ok. when i use to buy cord wood they would always give me wet wood so im sure this is all ready alot dryer then any wood ive had before. like the say if you want things done right you have to do it yourself :)

thanks
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.