Pictures of My Wood Stacks and Shed (Lots of Them!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrounger

Feb 13, 2007
Rockford, MI
I've admired everyone's rows, stacks, and piles of wood on here so I thought I'd snap some pictures of what I have. Everything has been scrounged. Nothing has been removed from our 5 acres of woods.

First picture here is 2.0 cords of sugar maple and .75 hickory - hickory was craigs list score already cut to length and sugar maple was already cut and delivered by tree service guy.

Second picture is 2.25 cords of red oak, white oak, and mulberry - red oak and mulberry craigs list score (I had to cut down trees) and white oak was in a front yard with a free sign.

Third picture is of all the wood from previous description.

Attachments

• MVC-542F.JPG
    MVC-542F.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 1,792
  • MVC-543F.JPG
    MVC-543F.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,753
  • MVC-558F.JPG
    MVC-558F.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,772
Looking good winter almost here great job!

About .5 cord of oak and about .75 cord of maple, two pictures of same stacks, oak was craigs list score, maple was in the ditch courtest of the power company cutting up the road.

Attachments

• MVC-549F.JPG
    MVC-549F.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,721
  • MVC-546F.JPG
    MVC-546F.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,740
Newest score, red oak, huge tree blown down in storm at edge of property a large equipment dealership. Stopped in asked if they wanted it, owner said I could have it if I took the brush too. No problem. Load trailer, then load brush on top, then ratchet strap it down. When home shove off brush into edge of garden then throw a match to it. Guessing 1.5 cords here.

Attachments

• MVC-550F.JPG
    MVC-550F.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,709
Wood that is stacked is white oak. Two miles down the road a car hit the tree, tree fell, someone took limbs, branches, and top of tree, left trunk for week and a half in the ditch. I took the trunk which was about 20 feet long and 24" diameter. Newly scrounged red oak from previous post in background.

Attachments

• MVC-551F.JPG
    MVC-551F.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,714
1.5 cords of cherry, courtesty of a road widening project a few miles away. Homeowner even helped me cut it and load it out of his front yard.

Attachments

• MVC-552F.JPG
    MVC-552F.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,701
about .5 cord of oak from a friend that had his woods logged out and let me take some of the tops, crotches, and gnarly pieces they didn't haul away.

Attachments

• MVC-553F.JPG
    MVC-553F.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,690
about .75 cords of mulberry and red oak, was getting wood at a house where a tree service guy was working and the neighbot told me I could have this stuff.

Attachments

• MVC-555F.JPG
    MVC-555F.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,670
about 1 cord of oak and hickory, I forgot where I got it.

second picutre is combination of the oak and hickory and previous two posts.

Attachments

• MVC-556F.JPG
    MVC-556F.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,656
  • MVC-557F.JPG
    MVC-557F.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,686
1.75 cords junk wood, pine, catalpa, cottonwood all scrounged.

Attachments

• MVC-562F.JPG
    MVC-562F.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,652
  • MVC-563F.JPG
    MVC-563F.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,636
1 cord elm in front row, fresh cut and stacked in back is willow. Willow was cut and loaded for me by tree service company. Elm was cut by tree service company, I had to go pick it up though, only a few miles away.

Attachments

• MVC-566F.JPG
    MVC-566F.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,625
  • MVC-567F.JPG
    MVC-567F.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,616
first picture is what is left of the willow to process, second picture is just an area shot of the previous few posts.

Attachments

• MVC-568F.JPG
    MVC-568F.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,613
  • MVC-569F.JPG
    MVC-569F.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 1,614
I would change your title to "Scrounger Savant" or "Scrounga Extrordinairre"

Some mighty nice stacks of wood you got there....I guess you are good to go until 2012 :)

I think everyone should move their woodstoves to scroungers house... Incredible Piles!!

wow Guy you must have a big yard or shall I say acreage ????
Yeah whats with the barrels ???? Rainbarrels I bet...... I have several Course I bet my neighbors here in sububa dont like
a guy who like to conserve right ????
I must be related ????? LOL
Take care
Jean

Good looking piles, I've been in Rockford a few times over the years for youth hockey, it is a beautiful area. Those 93 Rockford Rams were a tough crew. I'm in Monroe Co. and here a couple picture of my piles all scrounged. The pile of rounds shown in the pictures is about twice as big now and I split about 3/4 a cord of oak today getting ready for next winter. The split wood in the pictures is ash and hickory. and I have at least 5 good size ash to drop now that the soybeans have been harvested.

Attachments

• 9-24-08 029.JPG
    9-24-08 029.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 784
  • 9-24-08 031.JPG
    9-24-08 031.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 787
  • 9-24-08 030.JPG
    9-24-08 030.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 759
jeanw said:
wow Guy you must have a big yard or shall I say acreage ????
Yeah whats with the barrels ???? Rainbarrels I bet......
Jean

We have about 10.5 acres with about half of that being wooded.

Yep, the barrels are for rain water for the garden. I put two barrels under the downspout from the house. The rest go behind the pole barn up by the house. When I get one full under the downspout I let gravity siphon it to the barrels behind the barn. They all sit a good 20 feet or more higher than the garden. So when it's time to water the garden we just siphon it out of the barrles. Gets pretty good head pressure too. You can put your thumb over the end of the hose and spray it pretty good. Beats running the well pump to water.

We couldn't figure out where to put our pile, then someone saw our screened in porch next to our house, off our deck that was only used as junk storage and said "EUREKA!"

3-4 cords later (and a lot of sweeping and dump trips)....

Attachments

• P1050889.JPG
    P1050889.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 661
sweet looking pics.

I have a question? why are some piles covered and others are not??

John

I can't get over the amount of wood some of you folks have. I mean, I'd love to have the space to store all that wood! What we have here is wood envy!

Scrounger said:
johnnywarm said:
why are some piles covered and others are not??

John

The covered piles are going to be used now and through the winter. Wanted to keep the rain and snow off of them.

Thanks luke.so you dont cover your wood till its ready??

Status
Not open for further replies.