Pictures of New Hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost complete - finally! - still needs grout.
Here are some build details:
framing is steel stud, then 1 layer of sheet metal, then 3 layers of 1/2" durock, then the slate tile
Stove is a Hearthstone Shelbourne cast iron
Wall shield will be 1/2" durock spaced 1" from wall and covered with 2' x 2' tin ceiling tiles. The tiles are antique bronze and have an embossed pattern.
I'll follow up as that come together.
Have a great day.

'FRank

Attachments

• SlateHearth.jpg
    SlateHearth.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,303
  • BorderDetail.JPG
    BorderDetail.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,280
Very sharp looking hearth pad.

Nice eye for detail!

Really pretty. I like that border. :)

That's gorgeous! If I place my order now, can I have it by the end of the month? :)

That looks marvelous; you did a very good job of creating your own hearth pad! I really like the slate that you picked out. You will enjoy the warmth and ambiance of your new wood stove, not to mention the energy savings. It will add value to your home as well. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Yes excellent job. We are anxious to see the heat shield walls. That is a great idea with the tin panels. I love tin panel ceilings. Send when complete. Thanks for sharing.

how much did all od those materials cost

Metal studs leftover from another job
durock 6 x $8.50ish
screws / mortar / thinset - $40
Tile on sale at HD - $85 including the border - they were more expensive than the 12 x 12s.

Thanks for the compliments.

well, I would say that that is a hell of a deal, minus your time. I paid $350 for an American Panel Hearthpad, which I absolutly love but if I had the skills to build my own I would have

offroadaudio said:
Grout in.
Stove on.
Wall shield soon I hope........

That's a great looking hearth, I love the border detail. Keep on posting the pics, it's coming along really well.

Nice job on the hearth. Is it real slate? What did you use for grout?

Thumbs up!
Looks great.

OHHHHHH you are messing it all up! Get the stove off there. :)

That hearth looks too nice to put any stove on it!

Nice work to go along with the well thought out idea. I am envious.

Great job on the hearth.. You have a good eye for color and style..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.