Pictures of Pacific Energy Summit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2PistolPacker

Oct 22, 2014
Lenexa, Ks
This is my first post but I have been reading the forum for awhile now. I am seriously looking to buy the P E Summit but there isn't a dealer within 100 miles of me that has one on the showroom floor. I am hoping Summit owners could post some close up pictures of their Summit in action or just installed to show my wife what a beautiful insert it really is. The stock photos on the website don't show what I want to see. Is anyone using theirs with a custom surround? My brick fireplace has an arched top and short recessed sides that prohibit me from using anything but a custom surround. Thanks, Mike
fireplace1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fireplace! This should give here a rough idea. The door can also be ordered in brass, nickel, etc.. Click to enlarge.
fireplace1.jpg

Nice job begreen, unfortunately that surround will not fit there. The stove is 41 inches wide without a surround and the opening under the arch is only 43.5 inches.
Thanks setitonfire, just what I was looking for. Beautiful setup you have.

The firebox in the fireplace is only 28 inches. The 41 inch part is in front of the fireplace opening. And the stove is only 22" tall.

Look at the stuff again.

summit_insert.png

What's the plan then? Are you thinking about building out the masonry front so that the surround can extend beyond the arched alcove?

Thanks BrotherBart, I have studied this diagram from the P E website and the stove will fit in the firebox although very close (3/4") to the back. The opening to the firebox is 36", but if you notice the opening is recessed into the brickwork on the wall which is only 43.5 inches wide so no standard surround. I got this part covered we just wanted to see some installed units.

What's the plan then? Are you thinking about building out the masonry front so that the surround can extend beyond the arched alcove?
No, I'm going to fit the stove in the fireplace "as-is" then buy 3 pieces of flat metal and weld it into a U shape to hide the 2" gap on either side and the 4" gap at the top.

Yeah I just counted bricks in the pic. The pic makes the fireplace look taller than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.