Pictures of some splitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The first two pictures should be of the wood split on Saturday and today, the third picture I was letting the splitter warm up then resplit some cherry to bring in the house.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0440.jpg
    100_0440.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 100_0444.jpg
    100_0444.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 535
  • 100_0443.jpg
    100_0443.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 535
looks good Zap i tried the last two days to get into the woods to split some red oak i cut up but it's been warm here the last few days and i didnt wanna take the chance of getting stuck

ohio woodburner said:
looks good Zap i tried the last two days to get into the woods to split some red oak i cut up but it's been warm here the last few days and i didnt wanna take the chance of getting stuck

What temps have you been having?

Zap

38 °F to 40 °F since Thurs. Storm coming in tonight with ice and snow but it's back to work for the week. I'm hoping next weekend it's still cold. I'm ready for spring....as soon as i get my wood out of the woods

Pile of splits getting bigger pile of logs getting smaller. Very good thing, is that the logs you had delivered under she snow? Will be a nice stash when you get it done.

Larry said:
Pile of splits getting bigger pile of logs getting smaller. Very good thing, is that the logs you had delivered under she snow? Will be a nice stash when you get it done.

Yes it is, there are a few 6 to 7 foot logs left that will get cut up Saturday then split.

Zap

Good job.
Lucky you , you have snow, ours is almost all melted.

Status
Not open for further replies.