1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pictures Wanted! Wood storage near the stove....

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Rickochet, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Primary wood supply is a bicycle tired wood cart we got from Harbor Freight. It holds 2-4 days of wood depending on how hard we are running the stove. I fill it from the outside woodsheds and drag it in as needed, park it in the living room next to the stove and feed from it. When the supply gets low, I transfer the remaining splits to a sling style rack next to the stove, and go out and get another load. The stuff in the sling is then burned before I start working off the cart again.

No problems w/ bugs beyond the occasional spider - which burns quite nicely (Bugs have BTUs...)

Gooserider

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    My SO did that with a dead bird the cat brought in :blank:

He left the bird in his pants :-S
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    No . . . I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I don't drink beer (although I do like a good Woodchuck cider from time to time -- a truly great product from the State of Vermont). Those little bottles you see are actually Stove Scents to make the living room smell pur-ty. :) ;)
  4. drdoct

drdoct Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Griffin, GA
    Jake, that's better than my reason for not drinking it. I'm a raging alcoholic! What are stove scents? I like your box setup... I think I might be able to do something like that. Also see you've got a dustpan and little sweeper there. Those are indispensable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.