Pictures Wanted! Wood storage near the stove....

Rickochet Posted By Rickochet, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooserider

Gooserider
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2006
    Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Primary wood supply is a bicycle tired wood cart we got from Harbor Freight. It holds 2-4 days of wood depending on how hard we are running the stove. I fill it from the outside woodsheds and drag it in as needed, park it in the living room next to the stove and feed from it. When the supply gets low, I transfer the remaining splits to a sling style rack next to the stove, and go out and get another load. The stuff in the sling is then burned before I start working off the cart again.

No problems w/ bugs beyond the occasional spider - which burns quite nicely (Bugs have BTUs...)

Gooserider

2. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    My SO did that with a dead bird the cat brought in :blank:

He left the bird in his pants :-S

3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    No . . . I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I don't drink beer (although I do like a good Woodchuck cider from time to time -- a truly great product from the State of Vermont). Those little bottles you see are actually Stove Scents to make the living room smell pur-ty. :) ;)

4. drdoct

drdoct
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 24, 2008
    Loc:
    Griffin, GA
    Jake, that's better than my reason for not drinking it. I'm a raging alcoholic! What are stove scents? I like your box setup... I think I might be able to do something like that. Also see you've got a dustpan and little sweeper there. Those are indispensable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.