Pike's Pellets and Freedom Fuel at Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stentor

Apr 3, 2009
North of Boston, Mass
Home Depot in northeastern Mass. is selling pellets for $299. Seems a little high for July. They have two brands in their Methuen store. One is Freedom Fuel softwood (pine) from Nature's Earth Pellet Energy in Reform, AL. The other is Pike Premium Pellets hardwood from Griggsville, IL. I don't know anything about either brand.

Stentor said:
Home Depot in northeastern Mass. is selling pellets for $299. Seems a little high for July. They have two brands in their Methuen store. One is Freedom Fuel softwood (pine) from Nature's Earth Pellet Energy in Reform, AL. The other is Pike Premium Pellets hardwood from Griggsville, IL. I don't know anything about either brand.

Are you asking a question or just letting us know that they are available?

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
Stentor said:

Are you asking a question or just letting us know that they are available?

Matt

Matt, I should have been clearer. It was mostly just giving people a price point. But I also posted because the pellets seem a little unusual at least here in the Northeast. They are new names (new to me), one is from the South, and at $299 in July the price looks high.

:)

And as a bonus, we got an interesting big box essay by BTU.

BTU is right & then some. After having been in marketing for 25 years, i can tell ya, you have to be a "whore" to do biz with the box stores. Muss

The HD in Montville CT has the Pikes. I have no idea if they are any good but I thought I'd add that they are also discounting a little by volume. 1 Ton=299 / 2 Tons=550 / 3 Ton=800. I forget the rest.

Pike pellets are great pellets.
I have tried a dozen or so diferent pellets
last year and Pike, Somerset and
Greene Team are the best.
All these have low fines/dust so
when you pour them there is no dust
cloud. They have a consistent size
and burn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.