Pile-O-Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwood

Jan 14, 2012
Northern OH
Tree trimmer called and wanted to know if I could use some more wood. I got my F-150 loaded three times with Pin Oak, Mocker Nut Hickory and Silver Maple. Only about a fifteen minute drive each way. After unloading the last load the phone rang and it was my friend from town saying he needed a little wood for his fireplace. I told him if he wanted to help split I'd fill up his SUV for him with dry wood. We worked all morning and split it all and stacked some.

Attachments

• Pile-O-Wood 001.jpg
    Pile-O-Wood 001.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 391
Nice to have a supplier like that but I'd hate to try burning that wood right away (maybe I read wrong and this is not the wood you gave him). Good of you for sharing it with a friend though.

Backwoods Savage said:
Nice to have a supplier like that but I'd hate to try burning that wood right away (maybe I read wrong and this is not the wood you gave him). Good of you for sharing it with a friend though.
No, he got dry wood off the pile.

Good for you Ironwood. You are a good man.

Sounds like that proverbial win-win situation. You got help splitting & some stacking and your friend got dry wood. You are a good person, Ironwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.