Pine tree VS. Golf carts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Took a walk out back this mornin to see if last night's storm did any damage and found this.. Pine tree 2, golf carts 0 haha!

Wood014.jpg

Wood015.jpg

Ouch. I can sympathize. A few years ago I did a complete rebuild of my twenty year old garden tractor to dedicate it to wood hauling and snow plowing duty. I spent every night for weeks in the garage tearing it completely down and replacing parts and sanding and painting.

Two weeks after I got done a pine went down one night right on top of it and flattened it.

Damn SmokinPiney that's a shame that happened, Club Car looked in pretty good shape too. btw I have a '75 G1 that's still running nicely...getting ready to take my granddaughter for a berry picking ride in it shortly.

Oh snap!!!

That really sucks!!!

I do have to ask though... do you always park your golf carts in the woods?

-SF

looks to me like those golf carts were antagonizing that pine by pulling off the bark. But just look at that poor innocent 5 gallon pail that got ruined. what sad times are these.

SlyFerret said:

-SF

haha course we do! Actually the camo cart had some issues so it got parked temporarily (well for good now) and the club car was for parts. That's kind of our "junk" road.

And yes we lost a perfectly good 5 gal bucket in the wreck.. R.I.P

SmokinPiney said:
SlyFerret said:

-SF

haha course we do! Actually the camo cart had some issues so it got parked temporarily (well for good now) and the club car was for parts. That's kind of our "junk" road.

And yes we lost a perfectly good 5 gal bucket in the wreck.. R.I.P
dont know where you fellas saw the clubcar.. i see a yamah G9 and G1. to bad , both are good carts

with ant posting luck, this is my 88 yamaha G2:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 601
  • convertible.jpg
    convertible.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 811
Yep. The number one cause of gold cart destruction in the U.S. is burning pine. And it can make you go blind too.

MJ, your right! we used to have a club car mixed in back there. I didn't even take notice to which one got smashed. Just laughed and took the picture lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.