Pinnacle pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailrace

Sep 25, 2007
Bullville NY
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has burned Pinnacle pellets? If you have, how were they? I have a possible deal on two tons, but I'd like to hear any feeback, good or bad, before I make a move on them. Thanks in advance ;-)

Pinnacle makes pellets at two plants in my home town. It's all I've ever burnt so I can't give much help with comparisons. They work very well in my Harmon Advance, I don't need to empty the ash pan more than once a ton. I did have one batch of shorter than normal pellets with more dust around the beginning of the year during a wood fiber shortage from the lumber industry slump. Recent loads were back to normal. I would not hesitate to buy them.

If the price is right, I would not hesistate to buy them.
I have been burning Pinnacle pellets under the name of Green Supreme for
a few winters now and they are actually my favorite pellet.
High heat low ash.

They are no longer being bagged under Green Supreme label as of this past winter
so if I cannot find leftovers next year I am hoping to find them under other names.

BTU said:
tinkabranc, you are correct, NEWP did custom bag a Pinnacle product and called it Green Supreme. There is another Pinnacle product available in NE called Dragon Mtn. Okanagan, Eagle Valley, Sure Fire and Spruce Pointe are all extremely similar to the Pinnacle product and most people would be very hard pressed to find any real difference between them.

Thanks BTU I will keep these names on my list for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.