pipe advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spadafore

Sep 4, 2008
northwest ohio
Still waiting on my installer who came out last Friday to give me an estimate to get back with me on the price. I am getting kind of ticked. Oh well. After looking at my stove wishing it were installed I have a question. The opening coming out of the stove is 8" outside dia. and 7" inside dia. The class A pipe I have is 7". So would I need a reducer. And am I suficating the stove. Any help would be appreciated.

The ID of the collar is the size of pipe you need. You'll be ok with the 7". THat is one beastly stove collar being 1/2" thick though what kind of stove are you talking about?

The connector pipe coming out of the stove collar should be fit inside the collar, as Shane indicated. Rick

Shane it is an old franklin fireplace. Better know here as a smoke dragon. I'll use it this winter, but not 24/7 heating. It'll be like my dog, gotta watch it all the time. I'm O.K. with that. The installer did finaley call. Now I just have to wait for parts to come in. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.