pipe brush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
Looking around for exhaust pipe cleaning brushes.

Anyone have anything to say against this one?
http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5RU-17419

I have a trap door at the bottom of my exhaust pipe, but it is very skinny. maybe 1" opening, so i need something pretty flexible to stuff in there and work it all the way up my chimney.

That's the one I have but the 10 footer...Works great for me plus it doubles as dryer vent brush...it's like a 2 for 1! The only complaint is it's stiff to unravel but that's about it.

That`s the one I have too. Works well.

I've got the Lint Eater from Lowe's. Works on both drier venting and pellet stove vents. At first glance you would think it's only for drier venting, but the box shows using it on pellet venting also. Worked great.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_37653-59625-RLE202_0_?productId=1181455&Ntt=linteater&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL;=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=linteater$y=17$x=19

stoveguy2esw said:
ive got the same one as "smalltown" linked to , love it , only thing with it is to be certain you do not reverse the drill when using it as it could unscrew the rod from the brush

x3 for me...LintEater works GREAT!!

As Mike mentions, if you DO get one, do NOT run the drill in reverse. Wrapping a small piece of duct tape around each joint as you screw them together would be good insurance, though.

I use the Lint Eater too. I just shove it in by hand, no drill. Just push it up and down a dozen times and it's amazing how much crud falls down the pipe. Learned after the first time that just putting a catch basin below the pipe isn't enough. Run a shop vac hose up behind the brush and it will suck away most of the junk away before it can fly all over the place. I do this rather than the leaf blower option... May yet have to try the leaf blower too, but this is working for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.